PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways

upinthesky
2nd Jun 2004, 22:27
Hello Everyone....

I have tried look just about everywhere for information on GB Airways on pprune (I even tried doing a search but it didn't like the two letter input:confused: ) and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions about being CC for this company!

what kind of rosters does one get?
what kind of layovers?
what is the pay like?

I may have other questions...I just can't remember them all right now! So any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
-upinthesky-:ok:

sammyhostie
3rd Jun 2004, 06:42
GB are a franchise of British Airways, they operate A320/321 from LGW mainly but also from LHR.

The starting CC pay is similar to BA, at around £9,500 per annum.
Flight allowance is around £2.20 per hour.

As they operate only shorthaul flights, layovers are very rare.

Nightstops in NCL, MAN and GLA are more common.

Oxidant
3rd Jun 2004, 12:10
Nightstops in NCL, MAN and GLA are more common.

Nice!:ok:

Miss Naughty
3rd Jun 2004, 15:40
Hi!

GB is a franchise company of BA, operating a320s and a321s out of LGW and LHR.

Rosters are very very busy, even during winter. It is normally six on three off, or five on two off...and thats with minimum rest!

Unfortunately we dont fly to Newcastle, Manchester or Glasgow. Those routes are operated by BA. The only nightstops that we do have are Faro, Malaga and Marrakech. There are a couple of nice nightstops at these destinations, but the normal nightstop, is three sectors both ways with eleven hours rest in the middle! Absolutely exhausting! You would usually get a couple of nigthstops a month.

Pay is not too bad, but you do work for it! Flight pay is around £2.40 per hour.

Excellent little company. Fab cabin crew and flight deck!

Happy Flying X

Oxidant
3rd Jun 2004, 20:23
Unfortunately we dont fly to Newcastle, Manchester or Glasgow. Those routes are operated by BA.

Humour is obviously wasted on you!?

upinthesky
4th Jun 2004, 00:50
Thanks for the information...do either of you currently work for GB?

I tried BA...got called for an interview, flew to LHR and then they sent me the little envelope! :{ So I thought since I don't have any experience I would try getting my experience with another company! :)

As you can see I am located in YYZ and I am interested in applying to GB but I am unsure of how exactly to go about it... Can any one of you help me with this?

Also, how are the rosters assigned...is it a bidding system or are they given out depending on language qualifications?

Thanks again,
-upinthesky-

sammyhostie
4th Jun 2004, 07:38
Hiya,

I used to work for BA, but am now working for a UK charter airline.

Rosters are generated automatically by the in-house system, and they are not dependent on language skills at all.
The way to apply is to go onto their website, www.gbairways.com get the company address off the Recruitment page, then you have to submit a CV and covering letter, then in turn they will send you an application form.

You do have to have the right to live and work in the UK obviously.

As its a BA franchise all uniform and service standards are the same standard as BA, although the crews will not be getting the new uniform till 2005.

Hope this helps!

baboy
6th Jun 2004, 10:02
To be honest with you. I wouldn`t go anywhere near GB, if you can help it. Cabin crew and flight deck morale is so low. They are cutting corners everywhere they can, and also the standby and minimum rest regulations that they seem to have made up for themselfs, are to say the least, abit suspect !!!!!!!
It used to be such a nice company many years ago, but how times change.