PDA

View Full Version : How do you do this....

Steve76
2nd Jun 2004, 20:13
Check out the helo video thread and watch the NH90 demo at the Australian Airshow. It can be viewed on page 2.

It is quite spectacular but I wonder if anyone has any insight and information on how to do this stuff without over-torquing or excessively G-loading the aircraft at the bottom of these manouvers?

I have some ideas but I am interested to hear yours.
If someone can post the link then I would be appreciative :)

Heliport
2nd Jun 2004, 20:35
NH 90' demo (http://anthonyjhicks.com/ajh/media.nsf/go!OpenAgent&protocol=ftp&id=F9EB676C38361C09CA256CEC000B8158)

It's quite a big file. Best to right-click on the link and 'Save target as ....' especially if you're on a dial-up connection.

rotorcaptain
4th Jun 2004, 02:07
Impressive a/c and pilot! Excellent video, I especially liked the gasps and sighs of the cameraman. He must be a helicopter pilot watching the demo pilots extra nine lives tick away.

sprocket
4th Jun 2004, 04:15
Its only about a 2 hour download on my dial up. :{

bockywocky
5th Jun 2004, 22:55
Mr. Boutry, chief testpilot at Eurocopter France, is flying this demo and he is as far as I know the only person performing this manoeuvre in the NH90 (sofar).

I am pretty sure the G-forces at the bottom are not the most difficult part of this manoeuvre, and this aircraft is one of the prototypes (instrumented aircraft) with a G-meter in the cockpit.

I admit that together with everybody else I was also impressed with the manoeuvre when I saw it for the first time.