PDA

View Full Version : N Reg in Europe

chinny
2nd Jun 2004, 07:46
Please could some-one give me some info on whether or not I can fly an N reg in Europe WITHOUT getting an FAA ATPL.:confused:

Is there any way, in the form of waivers, or any other way that it can be done with just a JAA ATPL?

Appreciate any help on this.
Thanks....Chinny.:ok:

dickon
2nd Jun 2004, 17:28
I am no expert, but...

it depends on what you want to fly!

Are you talking about work?

With the JAA licence you CAN fly an N reg in europe. With IFR you can also fly IFR!

But as far as I know you can only fly private.

The conversion from JAA ATP to FAA is much more simple than vise versa, takes a bit of time but I know someone who has done it. The FAA were very good and fairly immediate but the CAA as usual took their time and therefore it was a patience job and on the phone to the CAA all the time telling them to get their :mad: in gear!

Good luck.

ps if you know anyone in Europe looking for low time FAA pilots pleeeeeez PM me!

Cheers

snowkiwi
4th Jun 2004, 12:46
is there anyone out there that got invited back to stage 3?

i missed out at stage 3 due to the interview. - i think it helps to actually answer the question instead of rambling off on a tangent when nerves get the better of you.

on the positive side, i was urged to get back in touch with them 6 months after for a possible re-sit, so my question is who has been in my situation?

also, who had a lot of questions about the industry in their interview . i had a lot and have since started to brush up on things. some others on my day didn't get so many questions.
so what are good sites to keep up to date the industry news?

in the meantime i have got my ppl with a couple of ratings on it and am preparing for atpl ground school, so all is not lost if i don't get another shot, just a massive debt that the thought of makes me sleep with my light on.

so my advice to anyone going to stage 3, know a bit about current av news and also maybe the differences between ba & ezjt. the grilled me on that for half hour.......

dickon
6th Jun 2004, 09:36
Talk about "rambling off on a tangent".

You need help mate!

What the hell are you on about anyway???:ugh:

chinny
6th Jun 2004, 11:50
;) thanks for your info guys-except snowkiwi????:confused: :zzz: