PDA

View Full Version : Apache over Bedfordshire

DeepC
2nd Jun 2004, 07:29
Oh to have had a camera handy yesterday. Driving up the A1 past Sandy, Bedfordshire I noticed, through the rain, an Apache hovering low over one of Sandy's worse estates. I thought that Beds police had given up on issuing ASBOs and opted for a slightly more lasting solution!

I've no idea what it was doing there. Perhaps it got lost in the heavy rain and was looking for DISC Chicksands.

Great to see. I forgot that recent UK military procurement hardware could operate in the rain!

DeepC

Evanelpus
2nd Jun 2004, 07:42
DeepC, was it Winchester Road? Perhaps it was then moving over to Myers Road in Potton for a looksee at the natives.

At least the police helicopter has stopped circling at 2am!!

DeepC
2nd Jun 2004, 08:19
was it Winchester Road?

Yes. In that general vicinity. I don't know Sandy very well as I try and avoid it like the plague. I just multimapped Winchester Road.

DeepC

Max_Chat
4th Jun 2004, 11:38
Evanelpus

The bad dudes may be away at the moment, but they will be back and so will the sound of freedom.....even if it is at 02:00.

Evanelpus
4th Jun 2004, 11:58
They must be spud or fruit picking then.

spinning top
7th Jun 2004, 19:45
I was working in south Milton Keynes, and herd a helicopter, which sounded low and close. I went out to find the Apache flying south to north about 300 yard’s away, and at about 300 ft, I managed to film it on my mobile phone, for about 5 seconds, Then lost site of it over the house.

CRAN
7th Jun 2004, 23:50
I over took one on the back of a truck while cruising down the M1 last week. (I was driving not flying you'll be pleased to hear!)

CRAN