PDA

View Full Version : Where, oh where is lame?

Buster Hyman
2nd Jun 2004, 06:49
Don't tell me?

Has he been a naughty boy again? Come on Big W...do tell...:E ;)

Woomera
2nd Jun 2004, 08:06
I'm not guilty........

Woomera

ZK-NSJ
2nd Jun 2004, 11:44
i thought you were gonna say, im not big....

TheNightOwl
2nd Jun 2004, 23:31
Well, Woomera, if you're not guilty, then who is? I've been in contact with Lame yesterday, and he tells me he can no longer post here, nor can he get any reason why when he asks!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:confused:

blueloo
2nd Jun 2004, 23:52
Just tell him to re-register until the name lame is of the censored/black banned list.

:ok:

Woomera
3rd Jun 2004, 00:02
I have just checked Lame's profile and I can assure you he is NOT banned or restricted in any way on this site.

Possibly a problem at his end.

Woomera (Eastern States)

Chuck Magutzup
3rd Jun 2004, 00:42
Interesting, because I had some problems with posting over the last few days. Thought that Big W had sin binned me following some controversial, but true comments.

BUT I'M BACK! With a vengence!

airsupport
3rd Jun 2004, 00:48
Interesting, but does not compute?

I have just a few minutes ago had "Lame" here with me, and he tried to access and post from my computer, and although he can log in, he has no permission to post anything?

Yet using the exact same computer 2-3 minutes later, I can log in and post, so it cannot be a problem at his end?

Tut - tut!! ;)

Woomera

Pete Conrad
3rd Jun 2004, 00:51
I'm with you Chuck, I think there are some very very precious princesses out there that get very very defensive when the truth hurts.

Woomera
3rd Jun 2004, 01:13
NightOwl. Your statement is not quite correct.....

I sent lame a long email around 11.00 am on June 1, 2004, which I have just resent to him, again today.

However, as the other Woomeri stated, lame does not appear to be banned, but I may add, if he is he knows why.

I have raised the status of his user account with PPRuNe Admin and haven't yet received a response.

Another Woomera

airsupport
3rd Jun 2004, 01:44
Woomera,

As I said "Lame" is here with me now, I wish he wasn't as I have work to do, it is okay for him as he is retired.

He has NOW received that email, for which he thanks you, but assures me that is the first time he has seen it?

I know he has responed to you and Danny because the cheeky ****** used my computer.

THANK YOU for trying to sort it out with HQ.

However your comment about a reason is upsetting him, not only is there NO reason forthcoming this time, but he has still never had a reason for the time years ago?

Best regards,

airsupport.

Ah, airsupport, where would lame be without you!! :}

He certainly is a "cheeky ******"!!

And as you know, whilst I don't know if any Moderator has changed his user account, I outlined the suspected reasons to lame both for now, and to the best of my memory, for the last time he became "personna non grata"!

Woomera

TheNightOwl
3rd Jun 2004, 02:04
Thanks, Woomerae, for sorting out the problem!

Lame, go for your life!!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

airsupport
3rd Jun 2004, 02:15
TheNightOwl,

"Lame" has just tried to answer you from my computer, but alas cannot still. :(

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Logged in user: lame [logout]

I just tried from the same computer and it is working fine?

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon?

He is leaving the building now, thank goodness, so I might be able to get some work done. ;)

Please let him back in so he doesn't keep using me as a go between. :ok:

Kaptin M
3rd Jun 2004, 02:55
Poor ol' lame - lucky you're there to relay his messages for him, airsupport!
It must have been like musical chairs there for a while.

Anyway back to work with you, airsupport (actually in lame's case, "life support"!)

Tell lame we look forward to seeing him again soon - if he's still within earshot.

:} :} :}

Woomera

airsupport
3rd Jun 2004, 05:38
Kaptin M,

Yes, I have to be very careful when we are together that close, because he is a big fellow and I wouldn't want him to sit on top of me. ;)

He is not here right now, but I will pass on your best wishes.

Hopefully he will be back with us soon.

Best regards,

airsupport.

Kaptin M
3rd Jun 2004, 06:22
" he is a big fellow and I wouldn't want him to sit on top of me."

Indeed he is, airsupport - for those who don't believe it, check him out for yourself

Edit: You'll just have to believe airsupport!
"The Banned One" aka lame said the limelight is too much (and he hadn't polished the car), so he ordered me to yank the pic - or else he'd sit on me!! :mad:

Buster Hyman
3rd Jun 2004, 06:28
GOOD HEAVENS!

HE DRIVES A CAMRY???? :eek:

phat boy
3rd Jun 2004, 06:50
Airsupport, regarding the message lame gets whenever trying to post, that happened to me for no apparent reason under a previous name which I eventually dumped.

It happens under this name occasionally too. What he can try doing is go to Tools/Internet Options/ Temp Internet Files and then Delete cookies and Files.

Then try to log in. Do the deleting when on the actual log-in page. Seems to work but sometimes have to do it a few times. VERY annoying. Or he can get a new life. I suggest: "LAME2" or "Re-LAME".

On eyre
3rd Jun 2004, 07:01
Or perhaps lame as in duck!

The Enema Bandit
3rd Jun 2004, 11:10
Gee, and there I was thinking that he'd taken Mrs. Lame off on a Jetstar holiday package to Geelong!

airsupport
4th Jun 2004, 01:39
Despite what is posted earlier on this thread, this is an email to and from PPRuNe HQ and "Lame", unedited in any way. :(

I doubt if it will remain here for long though, because although "Lame" would like people to know the truth, some people will be very keen to censor the truth. :(

(QUOTE)

Rob,

Well thank you at least for finally telling me.

Now if only you or someone there had told me this 3 years ago, all this would have been avoided.

I have NEVER until now been told why I was banned before, despite repeated requests.

When I was able to post again some time ago, and NOT knowing why I was banned because nobody there ever answered my emails asking why I was banned, I did post about memorabilia, YES.

After I read the rules on THAT particular Forum, it seemed okay within those guidelines for THAT Forum (and incidentally I still think it complies with those rules), but NOT for other Forums like Dunnunda, so YES I posted about Ebay in general and my things in particular, explaining that I could not see any problem, and remembering that I didn't even know why I was banned
earlier, as I am still SURE many on PPRuNe would like to know about these bargains.

That thread was there for (from memory) months and months but nobody complained or posted to it, or locked or deleted it, so I assumed that you agreed it WAS okay.

Then I get a PM from a BOAC a few days ago, explaining that he had to delete it on orders from above.

As I explained to him, I would have deleted it myself IF someone had asked, OR obviously I would never have posted it in the first place, if I had been given the courtesy of knowing why I was banned years ago.

While I would like to remain on PPRuNe, if this is your idea of a fair go, and the way to treat people, I am probably better off being away from it.

Best regards,

David.

Lame.

----- Original Message -----
To: "David Holgate" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: News?

> Someone has banned you - as far as I can tell it is for your old trick of
> advertising.
>
> Not having it.
>
> That's it.
>
> Rob Lloyd
>
>
>
> David Holgate writes:
>
> > Woomera,
> >
> > It is still the same?
> >
> > I have still heard nothing at all from HQ, and nothing further from you.
> >
> > There is obviously nothing I can do about it, and although I would like
to continue as "Lame", and preferably as a normal member, I am not going to
slash my wrists if I can't.
> >
> > However, surely it is just normal courtesy that I at least be advised IF
I am banned again or not, and why?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > David.
> >
> > "Lame."
> >
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Please make sure that any replies to this message include the original
text.
> We receive hundreds of emails a day at PPRuNe and whilst we endeavor to
> answer all of them personally, we are often unable to because we can't
> remember every issue that is ongoing. Acknowledgment messages are not
> necessary and only add to our workload so please limit any correspondence
to
> the bare minimum if possible. Thank you for your understanding and
> cooperation.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaptin M
4th Jun 2004, 02:07
I recall seeing a post some time back on another forum - one for retired pilots, from memory - from lame wrt some postcards he was offering for Ebay auction. But that was it - no link. I did wonder about it, but then I read other posts where guys were offering their houses for swaps, or at greatly reduced rates for other pilots, and dismissed it.

You're a naughty boy lame - as the cops will tell you, ignorance of the Law is no excuse if you break it, however, PPT, I have met lame in the flesh, and spoken with him, and can honestly say that he wouldn't have done it intentionally, or for the purpose of free advertising, but rather to try to inform aviation afficionados of items of possible interest to them.

How about letting our "most banned poster ' back, after what you deem a suitable time in the cooler?

Buster Hyman
4th Jun 2004, 02:28
Yes, the incessant thumping of the baseball against the wall is driving the guards nuts!:p

airsupport
4th Jun 2004, 02:45
Thank you guys for your support. :ok:

However in your post Kaptin M, you say about ignorance of the law, and that is true.

But even here in Queensland, where there have been a few problems with the justice system over the years, IF they do throw you in the slammer, at least they tell you why, which gives you a chance to avoid that crime next time, after you have completed your sentence. :(

It is not really ignorance if people continually refuse to tell you what crime you have commited, while you are already locked up for it. :(

Z Force
4th Jun 2004, 04:28
I have to throw in my support. Bring back Lame.

amos2
4th Jun 2004, 09:29
QUEENSLAND!!!...you mean Lame is from QUEENSLAND!!!...

strewth, no wonder they gave him the flick!! :mad:

Disco Stu
4th Jun 2004, 12:23
You have my sympathy lame. I incured the wrath of a camel in another area because I sought firstly clarification of what advertising was, and then secondly I had the temerity to seek consistency & continuity in the application of 'moderation' by the said moderator.

So, I had his dummy spat at me, then he prevented me from posting so I could not respond. Sure was a brilliant way to clear up any misconceptions or areas that lacked understanding. I was genuinely astonished at his petulance.

We all know PPRuNe is Danny's trainset and he is totally at liberty to do with it however & whatever he likes. I dare not suggest that there be some of that well know aviation practice of "Standardisation" be applied here. I wouldn't dream of making such a suggestion.

Again, LAME you have my sympathy, I know how frustrating they can be.

Disco Stu:8

airsupport
4th Jun 2004, 19:24
I have just been speaking to "Lame", and he thanks you all for your kind support, but he fears it will be in vain.

Quite ironic really, I am just watching on Sky News the live coverage of the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings, and they are all going on about how this was for the liberation of all of Europe from tyranny, and to allow the freedoms and justice we all enjoy in Europe today. :rolleyes:

THEY obviously do not know about the lack of any justice even today in some parts of England. ;)

TheNightOwl
5th Jun 2004, 02:31
Airsupport, old son, methinks if you're not very careful in your choice of words, you'll be going the way of your mate Lame!! For as much as I can sympathise with your problems, I really don't believe that accusing Danny and his Moderators of "tyrrany" is the ideal course to pursue - remember it's his ball-game, ergo his rules! Who ever said justice was available for all, anyway, it's available to all, in theory, if you can afford it!

Chin up, mate, remember, "Illegitimae non carborundum"!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.:ok:

airsupport
5th Jun 2004, 03:12
TNO,

Now you are doing it to me too, I didn't say that.

That line was what THEY were saying on TV, Prince Charles and others.

My line was just the last line, with the ;) on the end.

My Grandfather fought and died in WW1, and my Father fought all through WW2 so we "should" be able to enjoy these freedoms. :(

On top of all this ridiculous business where I was banned and never given any reason, NOW I find out it was just for letting other PPRuNers know about my memorabilia, which incidentally other similar sites actually encourage, I just posted a thread before about Jetstar, everything in it I still believe to be true, and as always in my years here on PPRuNe, I was not abusing anyone or anything, yet it has been locked and I have been threatened, just for posting something that I believe is true? :(

I am no longer prepared to stay at such a site, so I just want to say goodbye to a lot of friends here, I will miss you. :(

Best regards,

airsupport and lame.

Buster Hyman
19th Jun 2004, 13:26
:uhoh: Gee, I hope it wasn't my "tongue in cheek" reply on the Jet* sticker thread?:uhoh:

Au revoir airsupport...enjoy the peace & quiet of...you know where!:ok:

airsupport
22nd Jun 2004, 02:23
No Buster, it was not your post. ;)

I posted that thread because I honestly believed many PPRuNers would like to see that sticker, because of all the interest in Jetstar, one way or the other.

As I pointed out I didn't, and still don't yet, have a copy myself so it was NOT an advertisement.

Still someone had to post some silly remarks (after your remarks), some people just cannot help being nasty. :(

I will post it again here as I am sure some PPRuNers would still like to see it. :ok:

Anyone at Jetstar did you manage to get some, they would normally have been on board that first ferry flight. ;)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~holgatedc/mypic20.jpg