PDA

View Full Version : Berjaya Air--any first hand knowledge?

medflyer
2nd Jun 2004, 03:56
Happened across the Berjaya Air website, operating 2 Dash 7's on type in Malaysia. I will be contacting them later this week to see if they ever take foreigners for contract flying (current type rating and 700+ hours on the -7).

Before I do--any words to the wise anyone cares to pass along about this operation? Seems to be flying in paradise, but if it seems to good to be true.....

jolly27
2nd Jun 2004, 15:38
:cool:

A good bunch of people to work for but be wary of who you talk to. The administration side of things can get factionally motivated. Most of the captains are a good mix of guys and most are very professional.

The flying usually involves day flights to islands around Malaysia and to Singapore's GA airfield (Seletar). I be;ieve They also have trips to Koh Samui Thailand as well but I may be wrong.

Good Luck and Hv a jolly time flying

wv4175
2nd Jun 2004, 17:28
Yeah...heard the same too...good bunch of blokes over at berjaya. Berjay operates out of Subang, the old international airport. They mainly fly to islands around west malaysia, ie Tioman, Pangkor, Redang, and also to one or two destinations in indonesia and thailand.

There was an artical in a local malaysian daily a few weeks ago as to their expansion plans, they r looking at the ATR and or the Dash8 for their future fleet upgrades. Hope things work out for them.....

All the best in ur application to berjaya air.

Fly safe guys...and girls:ok:

ZFT
3rd Jun 2004, 06:19
wv4175

They are indeed looking at ATRs. I understand however that there may be issues over aircraft performance at WMPR