PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Pilot Programme

a9733232hkg
2nd Jun 2004, 02:23
HI everyone,

I have a few questions about Cathay Cadet Pilot programme and I hope someone can help with. What happened on your 3rd interview? The Adelaide booklet, what is it about? i.e. local information or airport information. How long is it to get a response from them. Thanks for your time.

mrfox
3rd Jun 2004, 22:18
3rd interview:
Meeting with 2 senior pilots/fleet managers.
Topics: Same stuff as the first two interviews. Personal, tech, trivia, questions from the your application/paperwork, ect... 30-45 mins.
Adelaide booklet:
Study material for the grading manuvers - attitude control, level flying, turns, stalls, wingovers, traffic circuits/patterns, acro flying, SOPs, Target airspeeds, power settings
Copies of the grading cards used for your assesment, so you know what you are being graded on.
A simple airfield diagram showing the runup bays, and a very simple topo layout of the area with key visual landmarks. Pretty straight forward as there is only one route in and out of the training area.
Results known within a week of return.
Cheers
PS: There is no radio work required at all for the grading.

BigTimeWannabe
3rd Jun 2004, 23:05
mrfox,

So you've just got back from grading? How did it go?

BTW

a9733232hkg
7th Jun 2004, 03:34
Thanks mrfox. I really appreciate your article. Did you do the CX cadet programme? I have one question to ask. How long do I have to wait until I get a response from CX.

Thank you.

mrfox
10th Jun 2004, 04:47
I know of people who applied later than I who are already in the training program. Response time depends on way too many things... your qualifications, the amount competition at the moment, the course scheduling, recruitment workload, the position of Mars in the nighttime sky...
Go figure.

a9733232hkg
10th Jun 2004, 11:56
Do you know if they're recruiting cadet at this moment?

mrfox
10th Jun 2004, 15:18
Yes they are continuing to recruit

a9733232hkg
14th Jun 2004, 12:49
Thanks for replying mrfox. Can I ask you something? Are you in the training right now and when have you started.

mrfox
15th Jun 2004, 01:35
Guys, I'd prefer not to divulge personal info. Hope you understand.

Its already easy enough for ppl to figure out who I am anyways!:p

hekokimushi
16th Jun 2004, 08:52
Hey,

Just completed all the tests and interview for the 2nd stage of the cadet selection. How long is the wait between 2nd stage and 3rd stage for successful candidates??

regards,

nxc

---------------

Just received an e-mail. turned down by CX.

a9733232hkg
16th Jun 2004, 11:00
Hi hekokimushi, How are you? I'm sorry about your situation. Can I ask you something. When did you apply and how long did you waited for your first interview?

Thak you.