PDA

View Full Version : Origin Pilots

mai mai
1st Jun 2004, 21:46
hey all

have been back in EnZed for about 11 months now on the trail of that regional airline break. Heard a rumour some of the pilots from Origin have been taken on immediatley by other airlines. If so congrats, but is there any truth to this wrenching tale...........

persist, persist, persist, persist, and keep persisting but perhaps it is time to have my teeth removed? :oh: :ooh:

and yes i shall keep trying, thanks in advance to all those who wish to motivate

anything news will do...

mai mai, mai mai

Sqwark2004
2nd Jun 2004, 19:07
Hey mai mai,

Don't quote me but from what I have heard, the only pilots that have been picked up so far are those from Contract Air Services, which were contracting to Origin.

As for possible jobs, there is still a full course of J41 pilots and 1/2 of J31 pilots waiting for a start. None of the J31 pilots have heard anything for the last month or so. (Two of them have got interviews with Eagle this week and both would take Eagle over Origin due to the mucking around and lack of communications they have had to endure).

Eagle appear to still be interviewing.

Air Nelson's next round, which were scheduled for July, has been delayed due fleet change.

S2K4 eva

ZK-NSN
3rd Jun 2004, 03:45
With the back-log of crew that have done ground course's i dont think origin will be needing to run anymore courses for a while, as for the guys waiting...who knows could be next month could be next year.

Bombay
3rd Jun 2004, 13:12
Don't believe everything you hear. The Origin game is changing.

Bombay

mai mai
3rd Jun 2004, 14:29
Thanks for the replies,

I understand the strength that should be given to rumours and i will keep at this job hunt bizo but i was interested to hear how many pilots that had been laid off(from what i've heard!!) from origin had found work elsewhere. Any by Mount Cook?? or Eagle specifically.!

If they were employed by Contract Air Services and contracted to Origin are they still being paid by Contract Air Services even though they have lost the contract with Origin or how does that work??no contract no pay?? or are the boys/girls on the pay books to start with at C.A.S

How many of you out there suggest working for contracting services or recruitng companies as opposed to hassling the **** out of a specific company for a job....??

again, appreciate the constructive replies..............

interesting line there Bombay!.............hope does float

mai mai.:ok:

Bombay
3rd Jun 2004, 22:39
No contract = no pay.

Don't work for a contractor if at all possible.

Bombay

Don Won
4th Jun 2004, 09:14
Little birdy told me also that few things are in the pipes...........:hmm:

ZK-NSN
4th Jun 2004, 23:37
Bring it on !!! Tell the fat lady to get lost you think Don.:ok:

Sqwark2000
5th Jun 2004, 22:12
NSN & Don,

It would have to be a great deal to get the fat bitch of the stage!
Hope it keeps OP upright but it will be a long time before you could say OPAL is a stable, long term company.

Mai Mai,
With Air NZ's recent announcement of 777's & 7E7's, recruiting will carry on for some time. heard a comment from one the Link brass that "recruiting will carry on for the next 2-3 yrs..."

Keep at it & good luck

S2K

ZK-NSN
6th Jun 2004, 04:55
I dont know about that sqwark, depends who the offer is coming from? There is a lot of new and large international carriers coming into NZ and an already established regional airline that has been in recent trouble (meaning it would probably cost bugger all when compared to starting a similar outfit from scratch) would have to be very tempting.
I can see alot of potential in origin and i think alot of the staff can too. If somebody with a little cash and some skill it could be very different outfit. I dont think the place needs alot of cash if any, what it needs some new idea's and direction. :ok:

Don Won
8th Jun 2004, 08:56
Shure do NSN, think what OPAL needs now is for a change in the top brass, maybe a new kid in town might give the Fat Lady a drop kick off stage and take her out back for a good ol OPAL seeing too:ok:

Cheeky Whitey
9th Jun 2004, 04:16
Does anyone in the Origin camp know what the apparent big news to be announced this week is?? Guessing an investor... things could be looking up for Origin. :confused:

ZK-NSN
10th Jun 2004, 08:01
Big announcement on the 11th of June.....teehee. Probably the ops guys making up stories again....:mad: s

centurian
10th Jun 2004, 08:22
Those Ops guys!

I see Mike Pero had his flash V8 outside the Origin terminal tonight. Maybe RI is going to get a really big mortgage from him.

I also heard the Mad Butcher has been around a bit lately... free sausages for everyone ...makes up for no lollies eh

Cheeky Whitey
11th Jun 2004, 03:50
So does anyone know the outcome of the meeting?? (if there was one today)

ZK-NSN
11th Jun 2004, 04:02
Bring on the mad butcher!!! I Hear Ngha-tahu are looking at going into the airline game, the AKL warriors didnt work out for them but you never know.