PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Tech Logs

javelin
1st Jun 2004, 09:14
Inherited some of these charming devices and apparently they will go live this month !

No tuition, can't see the screen, won't transmit data, fiddly to input data, not easy to review history............

Any thoughts from the spanner department ?

bish-bash
1st Jun 2004, 19:51
Just one thought, you do not want to go there, stay with your paper version.

Flying Mech
12th Jun 2004, 00:34
Just wondering how are you supposed to "Pen" a paperless Tech Log?:ok:

Bullet Remington
12th Jun 2004, 17:34
Man, While I'm not a big fan of CMTS (Computerized Maint. Tracking Systems) I don't honestly see how some of the old Chief Engineers (I'm ancient so they'd be older than ancient) ever keep track of all the time-limited parts, especially on Fling wing machines. Once I became familiar with them, they can be a life safer and a time safer. Depending on the program, one can call up maintenace forecasts for anywhere from the next two hours to the next 20,000 hours.

They do not necessarily cut down on the paper trail. Being a pessimestic COB (Crusty Old B@#Stard) I always ran off a paper copy and placed it in each aircraft file and ran a back up disk copy that I carried in my attache case. Just in case.

Transport Canada states they are ok to use, as long as a paper copy can be run off.

I'm not sure of which program you are using, I'm familiar with the Dash program, Silicon Wings and ATP Maintenance Manager.

Although its expensive, I am kinda partical to the ATP program. That being said, they can all be a royal pain in the Pah Tootie to get used to using.

But I still rather NOT try to run a maintenance dept without the computerized system, of one sort or another.

But then again, maybe its just me!!