PDA

View Full Version : A-319 Corp. Pilot Rwanda?

Diesel8
1st Jun 2004, 04:58
Anyone have info on WDL(?). They are looking for A-319 CJ Captains to fly from EU to Rwanda in support of goldmine ops.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks,

D8

1st Jun 2004, 06:03
Are you talking about the WDL thats based in Germany?

Diesel8
1st Jun 2004, 14:50
Yep, I think that would be one and the same.
It looks like WDL is a charter company, getting A-319's.
The reason I posted here, is that they ask that licenses be acceptable to the RCAA, fwiw.

Any info?

Thanks,

D8

1st Jun 2004, 16:09
Cant find any info about WDL (http://www.wdl-aviation.de/index.htm) getting a A319CJ. Nothing really on the net and nothing on their website either. Sorry...

Diesel8
1st Jun 2004, 16:59
This is what I was able to find, but not a member of the posting service:

Title: ACJ First Officers 5/16/2004
Company: WDL GMBH & CO KG Product/Service:
Job Type: Full-time Employment Type: Permanent

Description:
Corporation requires two A320 First Officers for corporate operations between Europe and Africa. Flights operate 6 days a week, providing transportation between Corporate Offices and our mining facilities in Rwanda. Retired airline pilots who have experience in the A320 are encouraged to apply. Base will be in Zurich Switzerland. Lodging and security are provided for while in Rwanda. Contract is for a 2 year period with options for extension. Relocation allowance provided. CV's accepted prior to May 29th

Requirements:
You must have the following:
CPL license acceptable to the RCAA, 3,000TT, experience on the jet aircraft time in type preferred, current medical certificate, good command of the English language, valid passport. Must be able to travel to Zurich for an interview and report for training June 23rd.

ZRH
1st Jun 2004, 17:28
As far as I know WDL doesnt own any A319s. They always buzz around in those old Bae146s and F27s. If the contact is in Zürich, then it might be PrivatAir who are leasing the aircraft to WDL. PrivatAir owns 4 A319CJ and A319LR and they are based in Switzerland. Most of those aircraft operate between Europe and the States on behalf of Lufthansa, but in PrivatAir colours.
Other than that it might be G5 Executive, Execujet or maybe even Jet Aviation who have a finger in the pie. All have bases in Zürich, but my bet would be PrivatAir.
http://www.privatair.ch/home.html