PDA

View Full Version : ATPL nav materials

ROB-x38
1st Jun 2004, 01:39
Morning...

Got ATPL nav coming up and wondering now that they've jacked the prices up to $9.20 a pop :mad: if I need to spend $65 odd on a new up-to-date set of ERCs?

Do you reckon I need the newest set or are all the CP / PNR questions only based on aerodromes?

And website says "ERSA complete" which includes RDS.....why do i need that for nav? Isn't that more performance related?

CHeers.

penetrator
1st Jun 2004, 07:36
Gday rob the price hike absolutely sickens me :yuk:

From memory rob some of the cp / pnr questions that I got were from reporting points, not just aerodromes. In answer to your question I will only tell you do what you think is best for you as I would hate you to fail on what I have said but I used old out of date ones & got through a bit silly I know but really could not afford it at the time to replace them. I also found that erc (H) were not req'd in this exam,also done the same in planning however erc(H) were req'd. This is only my experience use it as a guide only, others may be able to help more.

GOOD LUCK
:ok:

Navajo King
1st Jun 2004, 07:59
Hi Rob

When I did the exam I used some charts that were not current, but they were only a few months out of date. I knew there was a slight risk of doing this but decided that I would have to be pretty unlucky to get a question which was affected by a change on the current chart.

So as long as your charts arn't too old (say more than a year out of date) you should be ok, but it's up to YOU if you want to take that risk.

ROB-x38
2nd Jun 2004, 04:18
Thanks for the feedback

I think i'll go with my slightly out-of-date set but won't hold you liable for any bad results ;)

Cheers