PDA

View Full Version : printing photos

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
30th May 2004, 17:27
help !

having spend so much time i am on the verge of launching my pc on its first flying lesson out the 3rd story window towards the car park - can someone help ?

If i wanted to print a selection of photos on a sheet of A4 say 14 pictures but position them randomly/various sizes in a montage sort of way - what program would you use ?

i have tried word till i am sick of it - the only way i can manage it is to individually print each picture one at a time adjusting the dimensions on the preview page,then feed the sheet in again and so on.

can anyone offer a simpler and easier way? im sure there is one !

amanoffewwords
30th May 2004, 17:40
I use fotoslate (http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/FotoSlate/index.htm) by ACD Systems. Very good IMHO,

hth
Charles

nb: and you can download a free trial too,..

FJJP
30th May 2004, 18:50
Photoshop6. Also use photo quality glossy film.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th May 2004, 23:03
LDG_GEAR _MONITOR,

Another very good program is MGI's Photosuite. It was recently acquired by Roxio:

Roxio's PhotoSuite 7 Platinum (http://www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/index.jhtml)

Take Care,

Richard

spork
31st May 2004, 00:34
In Word you may have more success if, when you've inserted the picture, you tweak it with a right-click and choose: Format Picture, Layout tab, Square, [OK]. That will then allow you to re-size pics and more importantly move them around on the page. Cost: nil. The Photoshop solution is correct, but at horrendous cost. Try Paintshop Pro, much cheaper - new & used on Amazon around £15.

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
31st May 2004, 18:38
thanks for the help think i have an old copy of paintshop some where will have a hunt an a play with the pics ......

Cornish Jack
31st May 2004, 21:48
Serif's Photo Plus 9 does EXACTLY what you require - No connection with them but have used their stuff for years - generally excellent.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st May 2004, 23:06
Cornish Jack,

No connection with them

This forum is different from all the others on PPRuNe, no need to make the above statement. We are all here helping each other.

No one is ever going to accuse you. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

Evo
1st Jun 2004, 06:18
Quite right, Richard.

...now that's not an invitation to blatantly advertise ;) - the usual PPRuNe rules apply - but constructive advice doesn't need a disclaimer. If you're a happy user, feel free to say so.

amanoffewwords
1st Jun 2004, 08:18
The problem with Serif - as my Dad has found to his cost, is that once they have your name/address on their database they are like leeches - bombarding you with junk mail and "special" offers + phone calls.

IMHO, their s/w is sub-standard too.

Charles

innuendo
1st Jun 2004, 16:37
Photoshop was mentioned above but the full version may be overkill unless you are a serious/pro photographer. It is expensive but is the industry standard in digital photo processing. Adobe put out a smaller version called Photoshop Elements which is a LOT cheaper and very capable. It still has a fair learning curve to it though. Elements is bundled with some cameras and scanners so there may be people with unused copies around who may have them on E-Bay. (Not sure about the legality of that so I may be out of line here).
Paint Shop Pro is in the same vein, perhaps with a bit more capability in some areas and is similarly priced. Some feel it is a bit more user friendly. They both have trial downloads good for 30 days so you could have a look at them. There are also third party on line tutorials if you do a search.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Jun 2004, 21:44
Evo,

now that's not an invitation to blatantly advertise

I would not dream of it. ;)

Richard