PDA

View Full Version : Aeromadrid or Jerez????

cliste
30th May 2004, 16:37
Hey Everyone

Just been to an information seminar given by Jerez fto, I have a dilemma........... Which fto to pick I have visited Aeromadrid and Aerofan both offering ab-into intergrated fto courses Jerez are pushing employment opportunities for students of their course

Quote: around 85% of students offered employment before completion of course
most UK and Ireland airlines recruit Jerez students spanish airlines tend to recruit Aeromadrid/Aerofan students

WHAT WOULD YOU DO, WHICH COURSE WOULD YOU ATTEND??

Course cost: Jerez €92k incl. accommodation
Aeromadrid €72 incl. accommodation
Aerofan €49 excl. accommodation

Line training on A320 500hrs as first officer €63k

THANX
:confused:

rodquiman
30th May 2004, 17:21
spanish airlines tend to recruit Aeromadrid/Aerofan students

Well, actually Spanish airlines tend to recruit no one, and when they do you need to know someone important working for them.:uhoh:

Straightandlevel80kt
30th May 2004, 17:30
If money is not a consideration - which it clearly isn't, from the way you asked the question - then I honestly believe that the decision is purely up to you and your personal preference once you have been out to see each school and spoken to the students and staff there.

You'll be budgeting (I hope) for £100K in total once you've paid for your type rating and the additional costs of living overseas (plus a margin for any price hikes due to fuel price rises (check your contract!), so as long as you've got that in the bank now, you'll be laughing whichever course you choose, because they are all JAA approved.

Alex Whittingham
30th May 2004, 19:39
"Quote: around 85% of students offered employment before completion of course"

Whichever school said that I would make a mental note not to believe anything else they said. Unless they are referring to sponsored cadets, they're lying.

grafity
30th May 2004, 19:45
I couldn't hear him very well when he was talking about that but did he not say 15%, could be wrong.

cliste
30th May 2004, 19:49
He said 85 % Ok.

grafity
30th May 2004, 19:54
your probably right

cliste
1st Jun 2004, 11:40
Hi All,

Reading the forum on Flight Training Europe there is a big question mark over Jerez and the difference between sponsored and self sponsored students.

Has anybody got experience of this with Aeromadrid

Cliste

peb
1st Jun 2004, 15:01
There is not sponsored students, only self sponsored so that is not a problem ( I talking about the FTO and not about the TRTO )

:ok: