View Full Version : Wideroe Jobinterview

pilot dude
30th May 2004, 11:53
I heared that Wideroe is hiring. Does anybody know if this is true and what can I expect on a jub interview with them??

PD

tekel
30th May 2004, 11:56
What are their requirements for DE Captains? Where based?
Tekel

pilot dude
30th May 2004, 11:59
They just hire Copilots what I heared, They are based in Norway Bode, but also have crewbases in Olso, Bergen and Kirkeness (i Think, but a bit out of range from CPH

One verry important requirement is (like most scandyland company's) is to speak one scandinavian language.

PD

Ingo1
31st May 2004, 09:52
I just got my application registered so maybe something is going on. According to PPJN the future looks good for them!

pilot dude
31st May 2004, 12:12
How did you get that,

I send in their forms two weeks ago

PD

Ingo1
31st May 2004, 12:40
I received a confirmation letter maybe a week ago where they, once again, stated the minimums for applying (800 hrs, JAA-CPL...) and when the company has a need to employ the ones fulfilling the minimums will be considered. They also want you to update your application now and then.

They did not say that they are planning to hire, but hopefully they will.

pilot dude
29th Nov 2004, 11:29
I heared that they will only hire pilots from the SAS group in the future, but are there any SAS pilots that want to fly for Wideroe?

Snowyman
29th Nov 2004, 16:23
Well if the rumours are true about blue1:suspect: Then there will be a lot of unemployed pilots on the market again from the SAS group in the future. Lets hope it wont be the case and it will only stay as a rumour.

SM

Steelspirit
30th Nov 2004, 13:46
what is the rumour about blue1?

Bengt Engel
1st Dec 2004, 12:34
yeah, come on and tell us what it's all about....

Crossunder
1st Dec 2004, 16:27
Fact is, WF is hiring. Only about a week since the last t/r course started. Mostly ex-SAS Commuter to be hired in the near future, but that's only voulenteers for a possible contract job (terms and conditions have not been approved by WF pilots yet) ending late October 2008. Don't know if all positions will be filled by "voulenteers"... That aside, about 16 F/Os will be needed to cover "normal" expansion, LoL & retirement. Unless you've already been through the testing and interview, you're too late for that round. Perhaps they'll hold new admission tests next summer.
And the bases are Hammerfest, Bodø, Oslo, Bergen and Torp.

PPPmember
17th Dec 2004, 23:32
... correct about WF not taking direct entry captains ... the oldest guy they ever hirered was 41 I believe ... even if he was qualified for left seat - RIGHT seat is where YOU sit .... too bad I think, but ...

Crossunder
23rd Dec 2004, 09:16
But if you look at the type of operation Widerøe is involved in - I'd never want to fly with a DEC. Just hasn't got the local knowledge and relevant experience! I'm not saying he/she should be put at the the very bottom of the list, though...

Son of a Beech
17th Mar 2005, 12:51
Just got invited for an interview with wideroe the end of march, but this in in a hotel in OSL so I guess no sim there, But what can I expect from them on that day,

Thanks for any input,

SOAB

Skott
17th Mar 2005, 18:24
You can expect the usual setup with lots of questions and tests.
Be sure that you know the Norwegian numbers. And knowledge of a few Norwegian words would be a big advantage.
There will be no sim ride.
If you pass the test you will be given a login to answer a lot of questions. Later again you will be called for an interview. And if accepted you will at some point be invited to a course.

Son of a Beech
17th Mar 2005, 18:56
Can you clarify the test and interview techniques in scandinavia a bit because the only the only interviews i've done sofar have been talking with chief pilot followed by gradings on the sim, so basically what you are discribing is just about everything I haven't done on an interview.

thanks for the info sofar,

Soab

Fokkerdriver
18th Mar 2005, 17:02
Well hello there Son of a Beech!!

Guess I will see you in Oslo end of March.

Have you looked on PPJN...it says a little bit about what we are in for.

Hoping for the best. Everybody I have talked to are very happy working there.

Keeping my hopes high!!! :ok:

Son of a Beech
18th Mar 2005, 17:36
Yes i've seen PPJN, but i'm not quite sure what they are talking about with regards to the test, as said i'm not up to date with their own selection program.

Do you know how many are comming to fill how many positions?

Best of luck to you too,

SOAB

p.s. Are you from danmark or................?

Fokkerdriver
18th Mar 2005, 21:31
Hello again!!

Yes...I'm a purebred Danish girl ;)

I haven't been able to dig up more info about the interview, but I am guessing it is somewhat similar to the SAS test. But we'll see !!

Son of a Beech
19th Mar 2005, 06:53
Fokkerdriver wrote:

but I am guessing it is somewhat similar to the SAS test.

Without pointing out the ovious; this is my first interview in scandinavia, so i have no clue what the SAS test is. can you clarify that test to me.

SOAB

Jinkster
3rd Apr 2005, 10:39
Do you chaps over in Scandinavia, have any organisations like BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association)?

I'm sure if you called or emailed they'd help you.

Jinkster

6th Apr 2005, 10:13
SOAB

I'm just curious, do you speak a scandinavian language or doesn't that requirement apply anymore?

Best of luck with your interview!

Son of a Beech
6th Apr 2005, 12:51
Ja jeg snakker norsk, og du ma snakke norsk for en jobb hos wideroe.

Og na wi ma bare vent.

SOAB