PDA

View Full Version : EK Boss Removed

druckmefunk
30th May 2004, 03:37
Strong rumours circulating in the sand pit that the head of flight ops has left the building.

dmf

Desert Nomad
30th May 2004, 03:58
DMF,

The rumours are true. Just ad it confirmed that he has now left the building!!

camber
30th May 2004, 04:31
Nomad

By who? For what? Standing by for more details, and another confirmation.

Justforkix
30th May 2004, 05:34
EK?

kansasw
30th May 2004, 06:36
What is the point of this thread?

threads need a point?

Who are EK? and why shouldn't the Flight Ops Director or what ever he is, leave the building?

dunno, if truth be known. However, if he "left the building" under duress, ie was fired, that might be interesting to some.

This belongs in Jet Blast on The really really boring and totaly pointless snippets of information thread

looks like a rumor to me, therefore in the right place. Why is your back up over this rumor?

Let me be clear, I have no dog in this race, but I don't get your intense reaction to what sounds to me like a question reasonably posed. If it is a question without basis, say so and substantiate.

View From The Ground
30th May 2004, 07:49
'who are EK' .... I am amazed Argo that you are not in the know...given the name of the airline is given in the title of the author's post!

Bus429
30th May 2004, 07:50
EK = Emirates Airline. Dont' you know nuffink?

View From The Ground
30th May 2004, 08:07
Now we have established ... surely those not knowing cannot be closely involved in aviation...if they are its a bit of a worry!...that EK= Emirates....can we get back to the point of the rumour...has he departed and if so why and is there a where to. Although not working for EK I understand the individual involved would not have topped the PPP (pilot popularity poll) !:O

puff m'call
30th May 2004, 08:25
As the title of this forum states "Professional Pilots".

If you are a professional pilot you will know who EK are, otherwise don't ask such stupid questions and get back to your comic books!

The man in question is Capt Chris Knowles, aka TCK (That C:mad: Knowles.)

Yes he has "left the building" Thank God.

Alan Hill
30th May 2004, 08:38
I seem to remember he "left the building" at BMA as well.

BTW shouldn't TCN be TCK

Kalium Chloride
30th May 2004, 09:19
Puff - given your somewhat harsh response to a reasonable question and your subsequent schoolboy insult regarding a senior member of an airline, I am understandably curious as to the criteria by which you judge a pilot to be professional.

I sincerely hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek.

argonaut36
30th May 2004, 09:24
Kalium Chloride

Thanks for that, I should have read the post more carefully.

Desert Nomad
30th May 2004, 09:33
Ok, so he's gone and seemed to not be the most popular person in Flight Ops.

The main question now for EK people is who is the replacement and what's he like? Any news on this?

Tajfa
30th May 2004, 10:24
Apparently a Brit. Some senior manager or chief pilot from BA

:cool: Tajfa

puff m'call
30th May 2004, 10:39
Kalium Chloride

The name by which TCK in known by was given to him long before I ever arrived here, so if you think it's a little harsh just ask the rest of the EK pilot work force what they think of him.

Yes his replacement is from BA, Long Haul fleet manager I believe.
I'm sure he will do a fine job and I wish him the best of luck.

beerdrinker
30th May 2004, 11:05
Alan Steeley, General Manager 747/777, announced a couple of weeks ago that he was leaving BA 18 months early to take up the post of VP Operations with EK.

JonBoy80
30th May 2004, 12:21
But the 64 million dollar question is. Why did Chirs leave??? I am sure the answer is already out their with *EK Pilots and flight ops, so how about you tell us..

*Ek=Emirates.

donpizmeov
30th May 2004, 13:56
Has any person filling this post ever left on their own? Seems they all have been asked to leave one way or another. Good luck to the next fella.
Was the removal of Mr Knowles part of our pay review? Did not see that part in the letter.
Don

Jack The Lad
30th May 2004, 16:27
Mick

Seem to remember more than a few at BA rejoicing at the departure of the gentleman that comes to replace the previous fellow. It might be a little premature to start cracking them bottles open.

Roobarb
30th May 2004, 16:48
Are you sure they’re not just swapping, you know – Alan Stealey goes to Emirates whilst TCK comes to BA? I’m sure he’d fit right in.

Just think, someone to out-PoD PoD?

http://www.80scartoons.8k.com/roobarb10wee.gif

I’ll take on the opposition anyday. It’s my management I can’t beat!

desert_knight
30th May 2004, 18:44
For Info, if the Chap coming from BA is going to be VP EK Flight Operations, then he is NOT the repalcement for Capt Chris Knowles.

The position now vacant by his departure is for SENIOR VP Flight Operations.

CAP 56 - You must have VERY good sources, because I understand it came as a suprise to Capt. Knowles on Saturday! Somehow I doubt you heard more than someone's wishful thinking.

Never ceases to amaze me how happy some aircrew can be at somebody elses misfortune. :confused:

ruserious
30th May 2004, 20:28
Does this mean there will be no going away party for Chris?
What do you think lads a quick whip round to give him a fond farewell.......................:p

Shagtastic
30th May 2004, 22:09
Would be nice to see the entry requirements shown the door as well!!

Thrush
30th May 2004, 23:00
Camel Shaggers - don't celebrate too soon. Better the devil you know, sometimes ............!

Dune
31st May 2004, 04:22
Mick Jagger

Very good post outlining the damage this individual has done since he arrived. I for one am very happy to see his sorry a$$ out the door.

Irrespective of who replaces him, it is going to take a real effort on the part of management to repair the huge holes in morale that have been created. Whether Knowles did it all on his own or whether he was merely a puppet for Al-Redha will become apparent in short order through his replacement.

Could Adel be next to go?

JonBoy80
31st May 2004, 09:26
Its very nice to know the damage tck has caused, but why was he removed? Was it due to his damages or other political ""ck up.... Come on, you seem to know alot more about him, than the reasons governing his departure..

I love knowing inside news.. Juicyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:))))))))

SecurID
31st May 2004, 10:11
Alan Steeley is joining as VP FLEET operations, not FLIGHT Operations

Paranoid
31st May 2004, 17:15
Gentlemen,
Just bear in mind that in BA Chris Knowles had a much larger fan club than your new arrival

kooyheier
31st May 2004, 20:06
Is alan steeley twinbrother of dave by any chance???
Or is this someone else.?

cheerio

exeng
31st May 2004, 20:54
Indeed he is.

Regards
Exeng

Muttley Crew
31st May 2004, 21:37
Maybe the departure of That C:mad: Knowles could be something to do with this. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=126248)

As for laughing at another's misfortune... I'm sure almost ALL the guys at EK would share the original Muttley's sentiments (http://www.barbneal.com/wav/uncat/mutlylaf.wav) on TCK's well-deserved dirking.

Check 'Six'
31st May 2004, 22:58
Good riddance to that dispicable little tyrant. I certainly hope he gets what he deserves in life!!

I hope one of our own gets this position. Prefably a Gentleman like Hassan Hamadi.

Check Six.:ok:

Fox3snapshot
31st May 2004, 23:30
Check the "Middle East" forum....I think he got bounced in the last Bar Raid!

:E

411A
1st Jun 2004, 00:44
Hmmm, it seems all is not indeed well in that utopian paradise, that is euphemistically called EK.

Why are we all not surprised?:p :p :p :p

JonBoy80
1st Jun 2004, 06:55
Hahahahha. Some truth in that

He does not take any crap from these Brits that discredit their own country mates.

druckmefunk
1st Jun 2004, 09:49
Cap 56

You are wrong on a few counts.

Yes, you are right "Hassan" is a great guy and they need someone like Al Shamsi too.

That quote is 50% right. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since you were last here.

EK pays to get quality

Reality is EK pay peanuts and they get what they pay for.

dmf

Notso Fantastic
1st Jun 2004, 10:15
What a depressing statement!: "He does not take any crap from these Brits that discredit their own country mates"

Well done you Brits out there for not being prejudiced! If one of your own dumps on his colleagues, how good you stick it to them, as with anybody else, without any judgement of race, creed or colour! That statement is to your credit!