PDA

View Full Version : Any info about Pheonix east aviation

Tugpilotsmiffy
30th May 2004, 00:40
Hi there can anybody tell me just how busy Pheonix east are down at Daytona beach and what they are paying Flight instructors these days.

corsair303
15th Jun 2004, 15:51
I used to go to embry-riddle in daytona and spent a fair amount of time around pheonix east. Its been a while but ill try to recall what i can.
Pheonix is definetly not a flybynight operation, but its also not the best operation around. I think if you decide to enroll there you wont have any problems getting scammed out of your cash.
Most of its planes (when i was around) seemed a little old. As for the flight instructor staff, they are probably pretty well trained. Many are students or graduates of the Embry_Riddle Flight Instructor program which is pretty intense.

As for daytona, its a pretty good place to learn, altough the airport is very busy and you'll end up spending alot of time waiting on the ground for clearances. On the otherhand you'll get good experience with radio procedures. Daytona is also relatively cheap in terms of living expenses and okay for night life.
If your looking to come to the states for flight training, do your research, theres tons of places around that offer flight programs.

Ozpilot414
12th Jul 2004, 16:22
I worked at PEA for three years good place to build your time and if you get your MEI they toss you right into the twin. Problem is you move no where. it is just a place to build time and they pay sucks. but that is what happens where ever you go. they did just get a few new 172sp which are nice and they are trying to spruce up the place and it is taking a while. They have too many owners and they all want a piece of the pie so they don't put much money back in the place, plus they know CFI's are a dime a dozen so thats the way they treat you. Get on the Chief Pilots good side, Ghassan and your good to go. great guy knows his sheet, but beware of the ASS Chief DUG......