PDA

View Full Version : Will CFI, CFII and MEI Really help?

dickon
29th May 2004, 22:24
Hi guys,

I am low time and desperate to get into the corporate/ferrying world. At the moment I am willing to do anything and go anywhere to do what no-one else wants to do!:ugh:

I have the FAA CPL but no CFI/I or MEI.

Would these qualifications seriously improve my chances of getting into the corporate world?

Problem is I have no US work permit and therefore am scared of putting another $8000 aprox. into it with the big risk of still not having any work to follow.

Any suggestions and job offers are very welcome! :O

Cheers Guys.:ok:

bluesafrica
29th May 2004, 22:30
Don't see any use for those ratings if you are looking a job for business aviation. JAA licence would be much better investment in your case.
Blues

dickon
29th May 2004, 22:37
Yeah but not that desperate to work in Europe actually, just desperate to work!:sad:

Also, I find the chances of getting work with the JAA licence are the same so I would really be in the same boat!

Atleast most privately run a/c are still 'N'Reg, even in europe, or a lot anyway! And I don't really want to go Airline.

Thanks tho :ok:

CJ Driver
31st May 2004, 18:47
There is very little interest in the various instructor ratings for the corporate or commercial recruiter. The reason they can be a stepping stone is that with them you can get experience as an instructor, and when you come to apply for a job those hours in your logbook will make you look slightly more attractive than someone who doesn't have them.

There is however a well-rehearsed debate about whether it is worth (1) buying those ratings and then (2) spending a couple of years of your life as an instructor, to gain a vague advantage over someone else who instead borrowed 50 grand from the bank and got their frozen ATPL about two years before you did...