PDA

View Full Version : Any Shorts 330/360 Operator in Asia

syed
29th May 2004, 13:41
Hi Readers

I have a UK Jar Frozen ATPL with Shorts rating with 902 hours on type and total 1250 hours.
I am looking for flying position in Asia, looking for some feedback about the turbo-prop jobs going in the region, also name of any shorts operator.

wv4175
29th May 2004, 18:19
Well,
As far as malaysia is concerned, there are no shorts 330/360 operators here, we used to have ****** , way back in the 70s and 80s, and they had 1 shorts 360...but the outfit has long since gone.
There are a few operators who fly Shorts Skyvans here
1) Pan Malaysia Air Transport who operate out of Subang Airport here in Kl, and i heard that they might b lookin......they r mainly involved in cloud seeding operations

The other operators that hv turboprops are:
Berjaya Air with dash7s,

Sabah Air with NomadN22, BN2T, Beechcraft KingAir200,

Layang Layang with N22B, Shorts Skyvan and a russian a/c,

Transmile Air with C207 Cessna Caravans

Hornbill Skyways with Dornier DO228s

and of course, Malaysia Airlines with DHC6s twin otter, and Fokker50s. I do not know bout other operators in the region, but u could get the info from past issues of flight international as they ahve airlines of the world in 2 or 3 issues......all the info is there.

good luck and hope the above info is of help.

Fly safe u guys and..gals

Gabra1
8th Jun 2004, 02:46
WV4175,

You left out MHS who operate 2 Beech 1900Ds and a Twin Otter.

wv4175
8th Jun 2004, 03:37
Gabra1,
yup...inded i did ! How can i forget MHS? :\

Thanks.....
flysafe, guys ...and gals

PK-KAR
14th Jun 2004, 20:25
There's Deraya in Indonesia, operates the SD330 out of Halim/WIIH to Bandung and smaller airports in West Java...

I'm not sure if they're hiring foreign pilots...
You can try Airfast for some Twotter or tprop ops.
Others such as Travira and Eastindo has positions for short term contracts only for foreigners.

Other prop ops? Try Wings Air (Lion Air's subsidiary), flies Dash8s and they're looking for anyone who'll fly their Dash 8s... since they blew up and engine and is... well... can't mention it here can I? If you can't stand flying gauchos (literally), don't bother!

Trigana has just expanded their ATR fleet, try there... Short term contracts only I heard.

PK-KAR