PDA

View Full Version : FA European licence

FlightDetent
29th May 2004, 00:09
Yesterday evening I've signed a poll regarding European-wide CC licensing paper.

Wonder if it has been covered on PPRuNe elsewhere...

On the other hand, our country has a tradition of working under ICAO Annex 1 that in my view (flight c.) als incorporates CC. I have witnessed and would put my hand to the flames (as we say) that all my FA colleagues have Annex 1 CC licence and are scrutinzed accordingly - there is no way around. The mantra here is: Jonit Aviation Requirement apply at all fields it covers (FCLx, OPS, etc..) and for uncovered fields the long-standing accepted and valid ICAO rules (Annex 1) applies.

My question is (disregard the commercial attendants), are there really states that require no CC lincence at all ???

Cheers,
FD.

flybywire
29th May 2004, 16:24
I have the CC licence, got it in Italy.
But here in the UK there's no such thing, I am pretty sure about it.

cheers

FBW:)

flyblue
30th May 2004, 21:18
Unfortunately there are, FlightDetent. Having myself 2 of those CC licence (issued by 2 different countries) and having also worked and been trained in a country where there is none, I can tell from experience that there is indeed a difference. A licence gives you professional status, therefore you should be treated as a professional. No licence means you are not considered as such. But who cares about professionality and safety, since it costs less.

I have signed that same paper BTW, as I hope all our European collegues will do.

flybywire
30th May 2004, 23:34
FlyBlue, I couldn't agree with you more.
The training in Italy was much harder than here in the UK and even the job itself, was very respected, people were always complimentary whenever they knew what my job was, salaries were way higher than here and they were so strict about safety issues...and you had to have a thorough knowledge of the aircraft you were licensed for. A levels in Maths were a conditio sine qua non!!

Just see what our passengers put us through here....most people don't respect this job, it's considered the "easy life".And what's worst most airlines don't respect this job in the first place!
Maybe having to licence the cc would make them invest a bit more money (and time) on this essential workforce.

What a difference.

FBW