PDA

View Full Version : MyTravel IFE!!

747flyboy
28th May 2004, 20:13
I have just recentley returned from a very nice week holiday in Fuerteventura. However, on both my outbound and inbound sectors flying with Mytravel Airways (A321), there was no IFE available at all (audio or a movie). The excuse outbound was that it was a new aircraft and the caa hadn't approved the IFE. On the return flight the excuse was that the IFE wasn't working properly.
Can anybody shed some light for me on this subject or is this an example of more cost cutting in aviation?

spy
28th May 2004, 21:52
Sorry IFE has been an issue with the new aircraft for the reason you have been given. From time to time all airlines have problems with IFE and at the moment we have one or two aircraft with such problems. Really sorry you did not have IFE either way.

crewboi83
30th May 2004, 15:17
agree with spy... sorry u didnt have IFE but all of out brand new a/c have a new type of IFE, no old VHS style video tapesbut its all computer loaded on the hold which means no interfearence, no crackling etc cos its all digital. Unfortunatly like with all things new there is a few teathing problems, can assure you tho that the majority of the fleet are fine and I aint really had any problems with the new IFE systems, i love it