PDA

View Full Version : Study partner for the ATPL's

buster172
28th May 2004, 05:23
Hi all,

I am about to begin studying for the ATPL’s via distance learning with Bristol Ground School. I have decided that I will start on July 1st and study through the summer with the brush ups in November and the first set of exams in December.

I plan to do the second module between Christmas and the beginning of the summer. I am doing this full time from home so you might think I have given myself a long time? but I don’t want to put myself under to much pressure, the 14 exams will do that nicely! :{

What I would like to know is, is there any one else out there local to Aberdeen or even the North East of Scotland that might be just beginning or have started and be little away through the first module? It’s a pretty daunting prospect ahead to be doing this and what I am really looking for is perhaps a study partner or someone to share the pain of study with. Someone in person to bounce ideas off and a way of supporting one another. Does anyone have any experience of doing this distance learning? I am sure its tough enough without a class full of students in the same boat let alone on your own.

Don’t get me wrong I cant wait to get started and I know that Bristol seem to offer great support (from what I have read on these forums) and I am really looking forward to getting stuck in, first set of exams are on my birthday!

Any experiences or thoughts would be much appreciated and if your interested please get in touch!

I look forward to hearing from you and good luck to all those already on the long and winding road :ok:

Kind regards,

Buster

jameslongworth
28th May 2004, 14:24
Hi There

I am almost certainly jumping the gun here, but am currently starting my PPL at Tayflite (Perth). Class 1 medical is behind me and am going all the way! I will be some months behind you, but live in Edinburgh and will be dying for a study partner further down the line for ATPLs. I'm doing it pretty full time too.

Should you find yourself lagging do get in touch!

Good luck with it all!

buster172
31st May 2004, 08:44
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly, congratulations on starting your PPL! I remember it fondly, its great fun and I hear Perth is a nice airfield to fly from. You may be a little way behind me but not by a great deal and I would be more than happy to help you when you start.

Have Perth given you any idea how long the average is to get your PPL? You might get it in a couple of months if the weather is good and then you wouldn’t be far behind me at all.

In any case I am sure we could help one another, a shoulder to lean on certainly. My best friend is moving back to Edinburgh in a few months so I'll be going to visit, perhaps we could meet up for a drink and I can let you see some of the notes/what were letting ourselves in for!

Good luck with the PPL and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Buster

:ok: