PDA

View Full Version : How sexy are pilots perceived to be???

AD/DUNNY/01
27th May 2004, 23:48
According to a poll on News.com.au pilots are outranked by Accountants, Bartenders and Firefighters, methinks the blokes who pull beers to pay for their training should probably stay there if they like "pulling chicks"...Hmm glamour industry not so ehh?? The general public usually say "ohh but don't pilots get heaps of money??" yeah tonnes of it...

Boney
28th May 2004, 01:21
Indeed,

I personally think it is better not to tell furry magnets that you are a driver. Of course they think you are loaded, another urban myth?

The problem is, if you are a senior test pilot for Boeing like me (then I woke up!) and have a bit of dosh, you have to be aware of female parasites with a golden shovel.

If you are at the bottom of the GA food chain, they won't be impressed real quick with the associated lifestyle, eg. have to save up and plan ahead to be able to take your lovely lass out for dinner.

There are many options to the above delemma for the modern driver.

I have a mate who says he works in alluminum tubing, when asked what he does. What exactly is that? Oh you know, import/export!

I have another mate who says he is pixelator. What is that? It is the guy that puts the black dots on the good bits on those naughty movies. He tells people it is hard to do with one hand.

But he really drives B777's.

Would love to hear what the woman drivers have to say on this topic. For example, do your partners, like many of ours, suffer from AIDS - Aviation Induced Devorce Symdrome?

Boney

takenthe5thamendment
28th May 2004, 01:45
you have to be aware of female parasites with a golden shovel.

:rolleyes:

defiant
28th May 2004, 02:44
Ive always found the good old "dolphin trainer" line goes down a treat.... & if your really game u can get into it and do a couple of flipper like actions etc.. :O

Defiant.

Tankengine
28th May 2004, 04:01
I remember in a previous life at Coolangatta a couple of the guys tried "dolphin psychologists" with some cute blondes but come unstuck because one of the girls DID work at Sea-World!![the one from the add riding on flipper's back about 15 years ago.] :D:

Transition Layer
28th May 2004, 08:02
Well looks like we have overtaken the accountants - should provide some good ribbing material with all my accountant mates!

Mind you, we all know what a pilot uses for contraception - his personality!

Personally, I voted for nurses - :ok:

:D

TL

Pinky the pilot
28th May 2004, 09:12
When I worked on a Seismic Survey crew another lifetime ago the Vibroseis machine operators were all called
"Vibrator Operators"
Likewise the mechanics who worked on them were called Vibrator Mechanics.
More than one came back to work from leave sporting what remained of a black eye! And also more than one returned with broad grins and a happy disposition!!:ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Pseudonymn
28th May 2004, 11:48
For example, do your partners, like many of ours, suffer from AIDS - Aviation Induced Devorce Symdrome?

I thought AIDS was Alcohol Induced Dizzy Spells... :confused: :} :} :}

gatfield
28th May 2004, 12:24
Pilots sexy?

Me thinks that is an oxymoron

Firemen - well thats a different story ;)

notlandung
29th May 2004, 06:29
Isnt it funny how GA pilots always seem to hook up with either a Nurse, Teacher or a lovely lass travelling thru Australia. This is mainly the case only once you proceed north though. Southern and eastern states unfortunately do not share this mutually benifical arrangement.

N:ok:

Bell Man
29th May 2004, 23:07
The Dolphin trainer line ay. I never had to use that one down at the Pondo bar, the psssssssssst always worked me. Being the right colour also helped, and age was never an issue.

Pondo Pondo.

ROB-x38
30th May 2004, 09:49
You're in the high speed aluminium export game :rolleyes:

Northern Chique
30th May 2004, 15:35
Ahhhhhhh gotta love those firies.... and theyve been a lot more helpful and worth a quick peek or two than most pilots! Dunno what it is... maybe the smoldering quietness, that scent of burnt ecalypt (or house depending on where they last were) and the puppydog pleading look in their eyes - "please just can we do this lift quickly we're cookin in these fire suits!"

Pilots sexy? fellas, it aint got anything to do with the job, its about personality and a good chance theres never going to be greasy clothes left in the bathroom!

Time Bomb Ted
31st May 2004, 00:57
Tell 'em you are a Test Pilot for Ansell Condoms.

Never really worked for me though. Could never actually explain what was involved....

Ted

flyby_kiwi
31st May 2004, 02:55
Are pilots sexy?????

If anyone happened to see some of the shemales at the Preists & Prostitutes party at the Auckland Aeroclub a few nights back there would simply be no question :ooh:

Cloud Cutter
31st May 2004, 05:31
Errr, is that right sir.

I have also found the dolphin trainer routine to work quite well.

drshmoo
31st May 2004, 09:51
When asked I tell them I'm in the MEAT market. If they ask to be more specific, then I work in the Italian Sausage Distribution game. No joy so far.
TL - Your personality did you just fine with "clear props" mother at ommbie and "horses" mother at halls crack.
NOTLANDUNG - some even get to steal innocent little kraut hair dressers from angry pommy cooks too. So pilots are far more sexy than cooks.

Parablues
31st May 2004, 12:09
Yeah guys, sounds as if you are working at the wrong company... Try working for BAe Systems in Adelaide... we get it all the time... young Asian cadet (girls!) and fellow female instructors... Management would freak if they knew how rife it is... Cockpit chemistry!!!

ITCZ
31st May 2004, 13:09
Parablues, some of those management types started the trend!

Reminds me.... the 1992 QF cadet course where half of them used to travel into town, particularly the Seven Stars Hotel in Angas Street, wearing their "Qantas" logo-ed course polo shirts.
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

And Firies.... aren't they the male equivalent of blondes? ;)

(Waiting for the FLAMES from ex- and current firies! :E )

almostthere!
31st May 2004, 14:52
Come on people!!
You all know you cant be a pilot, thats just to cliche! For starters your have to be rich and have to be totally up yourself at the same time. If you want to pull the ladies, you have to be, and this is coming from personal experience, some mine and some my mates:
1) a bee keeper
2) the guy who paints the lines on the highway (usually only works in central oz or somewhere next to no where)
3) the guy who paints the poles on the side of the high way (ditto)
4) the guy who screws on the reflective discs onto the poles your mate just painted!!
5) totally wasted so that everyone looks attractive regardless of what you just told them!

splatgothebugs
1st Jun 2004, 01:22
Garbage truck driver has worked for me a few times.

Believe it or not:)

splat

Love Monkey
1st Jun 2004, 02:21
Painting the lines on the bottom of 50m swimming pools was the favourite. Never used it though. Always worried what sort of scrag would be turned on by that ****.:ok:

ringerfromthetopend
2nd Jun 2004, 02:04
Try " I'm a freelance astronaut......."

Then try explaining the fact thats theres not much work around at the moment.

Not that much different from the truth really!

High Altitude
2nd Jun 2004, 02:16
Why would one need to make up a profession? Surely ones personal charisma works....... ;) :O :D :ok: :E

"Slam... dor door shuts as he runs from the abuse......"

The Voice
2nd Jun 2004, 04:17
HA .. I've seen your personal charisma in action .. :E

notlandung
2nd Jun 2004, 12:28
Im a gourmet biscuit designer.... you know Squiggle Tops? That was mine. But im better known from my design of the Tim Tam.

Jisas Im Laibala

Living End
2nd Jun 2004, 12:31
Fuel distribution agent has been known to work every now and then, and its a good back up job before getting employed out west.!

404 Titan
2nd Jun 2004, 15:49
Bus Driver.:ok:

Di_Vosh
2nd Jun 2004, 21:32
When I was doing my Basic Parachute Course in Nowra, 4 of us managed to convince some of the young "lovelies" in town that we were doing the BPC because we were....

Combat Hairdressers (Because the General needs to look good on the DZ)

(This line had a 25% strike rate) :ok:

boofta
3rd Jun 2004, 05:40
I just tell them I'm in Aluminium Tubing

Pass-A-Frozo
3rd Jun 2004, 06:15
Geez.. you're all doing better than me.. I walk up, chicks looks me up and down, laugh and walk away before I get to say a word.
:}
now.. where's that frozo...

steamchicken
4th Jun 2004, 16:55
As I recall, most of the ones I worked with had moustaches or ginger hair. So not very!

Mind you, as far as being sexy to the opposite sex went they had the advantage of smelling less than a stationhand...

dimhoff
5th Jun 2004, 03:40
Just do what i do tell em your a field agent who works in alternative medicine and shut up.

Soon will come a reply after they have dismissed you work for the feds.

Who For, You reply you wouldnt beleive me if I told you. Then you say you want a lie of the truth.

OK Then here goes nothing, but iam expecting you will leave immediatley OK!

I am a field agent for a mobile hands on mammogram unit from Qld and where conducting free mammograms at the clinic from 8am in the morning if your interested in your health. It s professional and descrete you dont even have to give us your name if you dont want to.

The laughter follows so you get up go to the bar and give em the I told you you wouldnt beleive me look as you walk away. You return to you seat and ask them what they do. (key your mates up first because they will be asked when your gone)

9 times out of 10 they say do you really to that. Prompt reply YES but again ask what do you do? Always put it back in their court. You will again end up talking about your job.

It has a great strike rate, if you can remain serious (a fake business card is also a good idea with a few MDs and other flash letters printed on it)

I could have followed through heaps of time but didnt because Iam married and happilly so.

Another Idea which worked for me and a mate was to make up some RALPH nametags (scan RALPH for Mag Cover) and put your name (not yours) on it and Club Photographer on it and carry you small digital camera when you go out.

Take the pic, get their name address and all other contact details available including Mobile number, as you may need to call them if you decide to use their picture in the next mag.

They all want to be in RALPH ensuring they hang off you all night so to leave a lasting impression so you dont forget them. There will be other benefits available to you to jog your memory. The idea has a fair to good strike rate. Always remember take some photos of blokes to so you dont blow your cover.

Have fun lads.

Pilots get girls to but not often.

Copy the golden shovel girls.

Dan
:ok:

merlin boy
6th Jun 2004, 01:07
"I'm a pilot"

Thats gotta be the worst line ever, truth or not.

Suggesting you are a speed hump at a McDonalds carpark should get a better response.

You could tell them you make hand made specialty furniture from natural timbers collected from already fallen trees.

Great conversation starter, of course somewhere along the way (if you like them enough) they are gonna find out that you earn as much as speed hump @ Macca's so you better make up a line to swing in what you really do.

utedrivingpilot
8th Jun 2004, 01:34
ohh i thought this was about pilots sex appeal? ,, but thats cool i prefer to talk about how to pull dirty growlers anyway!! as we all know the femie pilots all want to get to the box office as soon as posible so once your working for a company and go to a flying school to do a renewal or someting you just track down some up and comer femie and say youll get her a job initially a mangement posistion (yeh a head job) fill her with red then pump like youve never pumped before. obviously dont give her a job theyve got it easy enough as it is,.just dangle the old blue vein carot..

Ralph the Bong
8th Jun 2004, 10:06
This one actually worked:

Her: so what do you do??

Me: I'm a confectionary designer.

Her: What???!!

Me: No, true. I design ice-creams. Bubble-O-Bill was one of mine.

Her: Really? What got you into that??

Me: Well, I was a trained confectioner, but I wanted to do somthing for kids.

Her: Really?? Hey me too, I'm a pre-school teacher...

Get the picture..?:}

compressor stall
9th Jun 2004, 01:37
Along similar lines.

"I work for Arnotts. I am responsible for the recent re-design of the Iced Vovo."

talk about lots of travelling (
about bikky taste tests in the old peoples homes
bore them with sugar to ginger ratios
say that they wanted to put in this chemical flavour, but you would not let them as it was addicitve

etc etc.

:ugh:

There's also:
Penguin psychologist.
Traffic Light technicians. Works well in a place like Kununurra - 700 kms from the nearest traffic light. If they are that stupid to fall for it, well you can say just about anything to them.

Big Beres
14th Jun 2004, 03:59
Once used this line on some f/m Doctors "I grow roses and sell them to him, he's an undertaker". him being a paramedic and me a helo driver.....had egg on face a few days later, when the Dr's turned up at the hangar for some crew training..........:ok:

"ya here for a good time, not a long time"

captmicka
14th Jun 2004, 04:28
fair go, once you say to them you'll fly them to the goldy for dinner, their like putty in the hand hahaha. or you could tell her the guy that invented to handle on the orange juice bottles ooh yeah, works a treat

shnev
20th Jul 2004, 05:34
Here's a question and anyone is free to comment -

Why is it that when people (not necesarilly girls) eventually find out your a pilot (no matter how long you lead them on that your a 'Condom test pilot' 'a dolphin trainer') - when people find out you're a pilot they treat you differently - like you're somebody else, like your not human - like they don't WANT to get to know you?

Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed this? :ugh: :confused:

bigfella5
20th Jul 2004, 15:13
Because me old dick....you're probably as ugly as I am!!!!

Sky_hi!
25th Jul 2004, 04:34
Have been very entertained while reading this thread!

Did you all know there is another thread in 'cabin crew' where everyone is trying to find the most beautiful stewardess? :yuk:

Perhaps you should start one for the sexiest pilot?? :cool: ;)

I dated a pilot once who told people he was a Green keeper, turns out he was a Cheating :mad: (me bitter? never!)

jumpnut
10th Nov 2004, 03:53
My 1st ever post here but also found this one very entertaining and couldn't resist adding to the crap!

I'm sure you all know the term gold digger? Ever consider that all the opposite sex think about when you say you are a pilot is $$$, I bet half of you won't even admit that you fly an aircraft with less horsepower than my pushbike!

I honestly think that some people get into flying cos' they think it helps to pick up chicks.....really I don't think they give a hoot!

And half the pilots that I have ever met look like right little geeks anyway! Ooh wow, look at me I'm a pilot, wanna go :mad:

Ha ha bloody ha!

bendover_please
10th Nov 2004, 04:33
Knew a navy helo driver who once cconfessed to a chick in a night club that he was in fact a navy helicopter pilot (and quite a modest one at that). She didn't believe him and after several attempts, he gave up and said admitted to being a Ba-mix engineer - the guys who design those kitchen whiz things. She then told him off and abused him for a while over the ****ty Ba-mixer she had just purchased which subsequently broke after a few uses. Not sure about the sexy tag, but at least you know that sometimes you just can't win as a pilot.

Gone Troppo
10th Nov 2004, 06:08
jumpnut you complete loser!:yuk:
Skydivers (meatbombs/earth burgers) are the worst!
I spent many a day/night at 'drop zones', I mean 'drop out zones'.

Q. How do you tell a pilot at a party?
A. They will tell you they are a dolphin trainer or work in aluminium tubing or something of the likes.

Q. How do you tell a skydiver at a party?
A. Well, just in case you didn't notice that the car wallpapered in stickers saying "I skydived...(some hick place)" all over the back of their car, then they will tell you they skydive (and call it flying? so bird **** flies?), and then show you videos of themself skydiving until the heads on the video player are worn out and/ or you have shoved hot pokers in your eyes and rammed tampons into your ears and poured you remaining beer onto them.

Basically I feel that telling people you are a 'pilot' is the metaphorical equivalent of hanging your wedding tackle into a lions mouth and flicking it's love spuds with a wet tea towel...

OzExpat
10th Nov 2004, 07:12
Not to be completely contrary, but there are ways in which you can tell them the truth and still score. Practice your very best sheepish look so that you can employ it while saying... I fly small aeroplanes. Feigning a little bit of embarrassment straight after that will always help.

My strike rate was pretty good - a "sympathy shag" is still a shag, after all!

Chief Wiggam
10th Nov 2004, 09:52
bendover_please

The story that I heard (which was some time ago) was that he initially told the girl that he was a forklift mechanic. After a while she started to doubt his story and thought that he was full of it.

He then decided to confess and told her that he was really a Navy helo pilot. That was the final straw and the girl left. The boy who cried wolf:}

We may be talking about two different guys here as well. Good old Nowra.

Paint The Sky Pink!
10th Nov 2004, 11:18
My husband is sexy!

Tamair had a few hotties!

Met a few Ag pilots who were not bad.

But god haven't I come across some pizza faced nerdy types and then there are the ones with the moustaches, yuk! The bad out weighs the good, sorry boys!

Maybe it's time a charter flying version of Top Gun hit the screens, staring Brad Pitt & Hugh Grant and they fly around in 310's saving the world...........maybe that would help the image!

Back to my bloody sexy hubby, OOooohhhhh!

Paint The Sky PINK!

flyby_kiwi
10th Nov 2004, 22:57
Paint the sky pink,

I thought that was the intention of the creators of 'Big Sky' but using PA31's instead????? :}

Obiwan
10th Nov 2004, 22:59
Maybe it's time a charter flying version of Top Gun hit the screens, staring Brad Pitt & Hugh Grant and they fly around in 310's saving the world...........maybe that would help the image!
Already had it, starring Gary Sweet - Blue Sky? Didn't do a lot of good. Repeats are on Foxtel

AT502
10th Nov 2004, 23:03
MMmmmmm I recall watching that and laughing a lot (and it was not a comedy!)

CyclicWaggle
11th Nov 2004, 02:21
I remember one girl being quite impressed when I told her I was a pilot - it didn't last long though as she asked what airline I worked for and I stupidly told her the truth : that I'm a helicopter pilot. I got a dissapointed look and mumbled apology that she suddenly had to be somewhere else very quickly :{
It's bad enough when you're blessed with a face that looks like it's been set on fire and then put out with a spade, but to tell them you're a chopper pilot seems to really put the kiss of death on it :uhoh:
Anyone know where I can sign up for Dolphin Training courses?

AT502
11th Nov 2004, 02:29
Hey, try saying "I'm a pilot" then they get very excited, then when they ask what airline and you say, "No, I'm an Ag pilot" then watch how fast they run.................!!!!

Dynamic Component
11th Nov 2004, 04:29
It use to work for me in London saying that I'm a hello pilot. The biggest problem use to be that it attracted young and old:}
But thats all behind me now that I'm getting old and grey:\

scrambler
11th Nov 2004, 06:52
All this reminds me of the guy at the airport the other day, all dressed up with 4 gold bars etc. A young girl asked him "are you a pilot, what do you fly" he replied, "see that big plane with 4 engines, thats called a C130, well i fly a C150"

Actually when asked what I do, I use the line "Im a gynocologist, no experience but ill have a look at it for ya"

AerocatS2A
11th Nov 2004, 07:08
Hmmm, I just tell them I'm a pilot (if asked). It looks a lot better than telling them something else, then later in the night they find out what you really do. Then you just look like some jerk who thinks his job's sooo F-ing cool that you can't say it out loud.

Sure, some think it's just a line, so what?

P.S. I used to think my job was sooo F-ing cool that I really couldn't say it out loud. I was so proud of what I'd achieved against the odds and how well everything had gone, that I'd break into a huge grin if I ever said "I'm a pilot". Not because I thought I was cool or anything, just because I'd always wanted to do it, from the moment of conception, and I'd managed it, and it hadn't quite sunk in yet.

Ultralights
11th Nov 2004, 07:33
i just tell them i work for an airline, then they say where, i say, you know the guy who walks away from the plane with the little flags, thats me. never had anyone run away after that.

m-dot
15th Nov 2004, 04:23
I cant friggin believe I am readin this thread.

You guys all gotta get out some more.

Maybe thats why I never read this stuff anymore.

Sorry.

Howard Hughes
15th Nov 2004, 04:44
Pilot=Knob

Enough said....

Cheers, HH.

AT502
15th Nov 2004, 09:38
Hey m-dot,

"I'm too sexy for my Pprune"

(to the tune of 'I'm too sexy')

ST:cool:

AerocatS2A
15th Nov 2004, 10:12
Pilot=Knob

Enough said....

Cheers, HH.

Nah,

Knob = Knob

Unfortunately it would appear that a high percentage of pilots are knobs.

DirtyPierre
15th Nov 2004, 10:17
Never ever had to lie about what I did for a living as a means of pulling girls.

Student - studying Human Movement Studies (Phys. Ed.)
then,

Aerobics Instructor
Beach Inspector (aka Lifeguard) on the Gold Coast
Phys. Ed teacher/sportsmaster

but then

Air Traffic Controller

The last one is only good for gags involving Flying High, and 60 minutes spent explaining that I'm not the guy with the ping pong bats waving to the aircraft.

But my mates, who are pilots always did alright when they said they were pilots. We made a great comedy team with the aviation gags - if you don't have money, make em laugh.

Chief Wiggam
15th Nov 2004, 12:29
How sexy are pilots perceived to be???, well I'd say these guys helped the image. (borrowed a clip from capn bloggs)

http://www.fototime.com/DA6436BE3928134/conv.wmv

Accountants and bar tenders ay.:rolleyes:
- but I must admit that I have noticed in my travels that generally women want the boring stable guys. And I aint stable.:{ :D

urkidnme
25th Nov 2004, 12:50
And then there was the pilot who thought it best to say "I'm a dolphin trainer at Seaworld" becasue he thought she wouldnt belive he was a pilot...that may have worked if she wasnt studying to be a marine biologist and he fell short with the 20 question test:ooh: :ugh:
true storey!!

tall and tasty
29th Nov 2004, 21:33
This is a contradiction to what I wrote a few months back. But yes pilots are sexy but saying that I hate the ones that blagg about how much they earn.

Better to be a little coy about it and keep one guessing! :confused:

Nice thought

TnT