PDA

View Full Version : just a couple of questions before I go to INTERV 2

buckbeno
27th May 2004, 17:31
Just I couple of qhick questions if someone has a moment.

1. I'v heard rumors about a US$100,000 training bond. anyone know?

2. Does anyone know the expected time to Capt at the US freighter side of ops?

Thank you in advance.

Buckbeno

FYI
27th May 2004, 18:54
1. never heard of that one.....
2. as with many things at CX, it depends. Its possible that after your initial 3 years on the freighter you could be in line for a command cse on the freighter. Its not as simple as your number is up, have a turn though. Your record is assessed etc. and then management decide whether they will set you free onto a cse. This is one of the reasons some fairly junior have got a slot...because plenty senior to them have not been deemed suitable for command training yet.
A bit long winded, but thats the state of play. I think essentially the time to left seat on the freighter if that is where you wanted to go will be from 3-5 years roughly.

buckbeno
28th May 2004, 15:03
Thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking the tme to help.

I have one last question ( I think) - I heard third hand ( you know haw that is) that on a second interview just a couple of weeks ago that CPA addressed the topic of the 55 retirement and said that they are trying to change it to 60. they said that they are trying to increase 1 yr per yr until 60 is attained.

Do you know if there is any truth to this rumor and if so, is it of substance?

Thank you again.

Buckbeno

FYI
29th May 2004, 19:07
I don't know specifically but think most would agree that the retirement age will go to age 60 eventually. I would think that the company want to balance having as many A scale guys retire at 55 as possible vs the crewing needs for the gradual expansion. I've never heard of the 1 year at a time thing.
good luck in your interview............

apollon
6th Jun 2004, 04:11
I had my second interview in May, and the told us that the company is looking to add a year to 55 every year until they reach 60...

buckbeno
10th Jun 2004, 16:04
het guy's

Thank you for all your help. I can't wait to attend interview 2 and hope all your professional endevors are great.

thanx again

I'm sure I'll think of more questions b4 i go.

Buckbeno