PDA

View Full Version : First Flt - Sentinel R Mk 1

hooley
27th May 2004, 13:51
The first ASTOR aircraft - Sentinel R Mk 1 ZJ 690 - had a succesful maiden flight yesterday (27 May 04) from Major's Field in Greenville, Texas, USA. It was airborne for about 4 hrs 20 mins - and all the feedback is very good indeed. The company test pilot's initial impressions were completely positive and they had nothing but praise for the way it handled. There's still a lot of work to be done before the ASTOR system is fully introduced - but the first flight is a huge milestone in any project and is certainly something to be pleased about - (which would perhaps explain why I've got the second worst hangover I've ever had in my life).

Capt Niff Naff
27th May 2004, 15:00
Hooley
If that gave you a hangover, then your liver will need replacing by the time this heavyweight gets to FMC!!!

The Swinging Monkey
27th May 2004, 15:11
Hooley,

Great news, congrats all round.

BH is still causing mega chaos over here, so hurry up and get the jet home to the UK to get him off our backs!!

Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey

Magic Mushroom
27th May 2004, 19:58
Hooley,
Good news mate! I guess the pilot would have given positive feedback as he was probably too scared that you'd beat him up if he didn't!

Incidentally, when is the Sentinel JATO UOR getting its RTS so that you can start flying on it?

Regards,
M2:D