PDA

View Full Version : mixing freight and pax in the cabin

peter manktelow
27th May 2004, 02:17
comments please , on mixing freight/baggage with passengers in the cabin of the S76.

Squeaks
27th May 2004, 04:04
Peter,

The pax go on top ;)

Aussie Mate
27th May 2004, 06:34
I knew a girl like that once.

She loved being tied down!!

Bravo 99 (AJB)
28th May 2004, 08:49
Aussie mate

she sounds like my kind of girl do she like low flying ops as well

Sincerely

bravo 99 (AJB)

Gomer Pylot
29th May 2004, 00:55
Sometimes there isn't any choice. Either too much to fit in the baggage compartment, or CG problems. As long as the cargo is secured, and not blocking the doors, I don't see any problem with it.

Red Wine
29th May 2004, 06:17
Sensational at Inverted Flight.

Must be an Aerodynamic type I guess!!

Bravo 99 (AJB)
29th May 2004, 08:32
Red wine

o you tease, shame she is so far away shes my type alright. I would love have her ON my licence

Sincerly

B99 AJB

SnakeDriver
6th Jun 2004, 18:34
In the U.S. freight and passengers can be carried together provided the freight is secured in a seat or on the floor with an approved restraint system and it does not obstruct exits.

Camp Freddie
6th Jun 2004, 21:21
our company policy in the 76 is freight must be secured on the seats by the normal harnesses and pax must not be on the same row as any freight. also there is a max freight weight per seat (which I forget and need to check)

RoamingCyclic
8th Jun 2004, 05:26
Hi Pete,

I see nothing changes down there - them fella's still trying to balance Sundays Roast Piglet on a rear passengers lap! :uhoh:

I as you know am with you and have always been of the opinion- passengers and freight should NEVER be mixed. In an offshore world of "Global Standards" I can never understand why on this particular subject we have one set of rules in one place and another set elsewhere!

Keep it safe mate! best regards....:ok:

Gomer Pylot
9th Jun 2004, 01:47
world of global standards....
What world are you living on, Roaming? It can't be this one. Did you take off your tinfoil hat? :p

As someone said, the nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them. :cool:

J.A.F.O.
9th Jun 2004, 12:59
mixing freight and pax in the cabin

What do you mean, mixing? That implies that there is some difference between the two.

peter manktelow
9th Jun 2004, 23:01
thanks to all who have contributed positively. We seem to have resolved our issue with a rigid mesh "net" which takes up the space located around both rear left bench seats and floor.

It will give us an extra 27 cubic feet and we will limit it to 400 pounds which will keep us within floor load limits. The 2 rear right seats we will leave vacant.

Hey , Dazzer....this post sure has attracted a number of BMLB's....when they apply for a job with you , you should ask them for their Pprune names , eh ?

:8