PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket Rip-Off MAN

ShotOne
17th Oct 2001, 19:02
Have any other Manchester flight crew had the misfortune to have been given a parking ticket in the staff car park in Manchester Airport?? The tickets are for a rather stiff £60.00 and awarded by a private contractor. (nice little earner for someone!!)

If there are enough of us who have been stitched in this way perhaps we could get together to fight them.

Guvnor
17th Oct 2001, 19:23
Best thing is to have false number plates laid over the real ones (stuck on with blue-tack) - only make sure you remove them before going onto a public road.

EI - E I - O
17th Oct 2001, 19:29
Guv,

the one thing Man security pride themselves on, is how the mind their car-parks, your idea, is certainly novel, but unless the plate on the car matches the Reg number on the parking permit, which they provide you with and they insist you put on the inside of your windscreen, they can get you that way as well.

£66 quid that is a little stiff alright!

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
17th Oct 2001, 20:01
You think £60 is bad, how does £340 for a stolen/damaged wheelclamp plus admin fee's sound? Particularly when the vehicle in question was never clamped only got a ticket!!

Thieving bar stewards!!!! :mad: :mad:

ShotOne
20th Oct 2001, 22:32
That sounds pretty steep. Did you have to pay it?

I can't help feeling that as flight crew we are seen as a nice milk cow by any git or thug with a white van. They know we have to be able to park at work and take full advantage.

spannersatcx
20th Oct 2001, 23:38
Surely if you have a parking permit and it is displayed you can't be fined! :eek:

BoeingBoy
21st Oct 2001, 12:38
It is very interesting to note that the car park to which all this refers is the most convenient from which to walk to all terminals. In other words Commonwealth House.

Prior to the parking enforcement it was impossible for aircrew to find slots to park in during office hours. Cars were left in every concievable nook and cranny.

I noted several that didn't seem to have any car park pass, and in one case a Stockport registered taxi! (Was he off for a coffee break perhaps?)

Since the enforcement parking has returned to a sensible level, and whilst still busy through the day is now relatively easy.

The problem has been caused by airport staff who should have been in other area's latching onto the fact that whilst the barriers were disabled they could get away with a walk to the teminals instead of catching the bus from Staff park west. (Admittedly a shockingly bad service)

If you are authorised to park in Commonwealth House, and your car shows a pass for that area. You should have nothing to fear.

[ 21 October 2001: Message edited by: BoeingBoy ]

763 jock
22nd Oct 2001, 00:06
I have worked at man for the last 10 years. It is without doubt the most unpleasant airport in its attitude to staff on the face of the Earth. We are held in total contempt by the cronies at the top of Olympic House. :mad: :mad: :mad:

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
22nd Oct 2001, 12:38
The car in question wasn't mine was permitted to park there but was stil ticketed.

Some might say if the barriers worked it would be self policing!! Or maybe its a case of if we leave the barries up we'll make more money from the clamps etc!!!! :mad:

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: MACC 29 all the time!!!! ]

HOVIS
22nd Oct 2001, 15:18
A mate of mine had to go to Hale Top house to sort his ticket out. When there he asked that they give proof that his parking permit was not on display, as suggested by the ticket. They got in touch with the clampers and they said that when a ticket is issued a photo of the car is taken as evidence.
"Fine" he said "let's see it."
A photo of my mates number plate appeared. All that proved was that the car was there, not that it was there illegally.
The fine was quashed and my mate departed a happy bunny!!

By the way it's £60 pound for a ticket and another £40 if you get clamped.

Most of the a/c hangars are equiped with portable bolt croppers etc. which, i'm sure, they will hire out for a nominal fee!!

No speed Restriction
24th Oct 2001, 16:49
MACC,

The car in question was the one with the valid pass..... the other was still at home!!!....