PDA

View Full Version : Pilots leaving MAS

The Rage
26th May 2004, 15:58
Well looks like the flood gates are open once again. Pilots are leaving MAS and this time its co-pilots. The last time this happened was in 98, but they have lost a few hear and there over the last few years, but this time its going to be double digits. A330 pilots are leaving for China airlines and Etihad, plus a few 737 commanders to Emirates. Also heard a few might be leaving for Qatar. Well with the shortage of pilots in the country and in the airline , i wonder whats going to happen.:ok:

Virtual Reality
26th May 2004, 17:03
WHO CARES if the grass is greener on the other side ....:cool:

On the serious note, there are lots of things that drive people away from MAS, pilots inclusive. To cut it short, as long as MAS is owned by government, directed by \'politicians\', managed by \'Third World Mentality\' managers with grey policies and run like municipal bus company, everyone who has got brain and vision will leave, sooner or later.

WITH NO OFFEND/WITHOUT PREJUDICE, the one who stays behind probably either too patriotic or not marketable anywhere else.....:cool:

PS:

1. Who bought MAS Catering with a 2 ringgit company? - Ibrahim Ahmad Badawi

2. Who owns Sheraton San Pedro LAX (MAS crew hotel)? - Naza Holding, of course \'Mamasan\' has got some shares in it.

enough ...........................:{ :{ :{

geo7E7
27th May 2004, 19:10
It's sad to say that the ones that have left and about to leave are so called the "cream of the crop" in MAS. Some have endured a painful memory and struggled with the airline during tough times and what do they get in return..? To live in M'sia comfortably and feel content is pretty easy but most of us JUST STARTED to realise that we're just selling ourself completely and utterly short here! It's just an Asian culture where some of us just want to stay put merely because we're too pampered with convenience as well as other personal matters which have obscured our vision. It's not easy to live and being an expat ( esp. an Asian expat!!! ) in an organisation run by others on a foreign land but I believe that with a proper system, we're all the same or maybe even better. True, this time the movement is more compared to 1998...even the FO's are leaving this time around and if that doesn't send any message across to the management, so please help me God that the airline will try it's best to maintain the status of having 95% own nationals as PILOTS/CREW.
No doubt the airline will survive but how...? By paying more to THE OTHERS when the locals can do the same job? Most of the good ones (and lets hope not ALL the good ones....) have left!
Good luck guys and lets hope this will act as an eye opener to those who don't and can't appreciate our good and hardwork contributed all of these years....!:ok:

Rukawa_
30th May 2004, 09:01
Pilots have priorities in life man, bills to pay, kids to send to college. Where ever the bucks brings you. We're just there to drive planes, doesn't matter where.

MASsenger
31st May 2004, 10:41
A driver, a grease monk or whatever. The fact is, I too have kids to educate, bills to pay, mouths to feed and all the usual hangovers that come with life. To make matters worst, being a non-bumi, no scholarships, although kids are straight `A ‘ students. I am sure there are guys sinning ma song. Education bills are a killer, especially since #1 & #2 took up medicine. The straw that broke this camels back was, promotion aspects in the company, only for some. Don`t have the right `qulitfication’, it seems. Don`t want to open a can of worm on this one, but Virtual Reality hit the nail right on the head. So packed my bags 7 years ago & never looked back.

It`s the deadwood that will not leave, the comfort zone is too precious and survival is not at jeopardy, by just being leach. When you`ve got the right stuff, there`s always a place for you somewhere. My advice to U guys, take the plunge, hit the road, if u are not getting your due. Don`t sit back & bitch, no one owes u a living. U are right geo7e7, who cares, and that`s exactly the problem! Don`t worry about being an Asian expat, nothing is worst than being screwed on your own turf. There`s a whole world out there and countless opportunity. Get out there and show em what u got. If u are bold enough, I promise u, it will be worth your while. It`s been worth my while, 7 years running & going strong!!!
:ok:

capt wan win lo
3rd Jun 2004, 15:26
:ok: Racism and the priveleged right at your doorstep....gud luck mate...!

hapimus
3rd Jun 2004, 17:48
well it is very sad to see mas management ignore that they have a problem.
politicians dont make good managers.
golf is not their only handicap , brain also.

note to MAS management.
PLEASE DO THE TONY TEST BELOW.
COMMONSENSE SHOULD PREVAIL.

very inspiring tony fernandes on cnn.
mr tony did not need to roster airasia crew to listen to him.
mr tony did not need to have a title ..short general
mr tony did not need to talk down to people.
mr tony dont intimidate staff only mas n sq management.
mr tony has a brain.
mr tony doesn`t act educated , he is well educated.
mr tony knows how to smile.
mr tony inspires people.
mr tony makes mas management look like retards.
mr tony is a people person.
mr tony uses his HEARING.
mr tony is tall , morally .

MAStake
5th Jun 2004, 07:47
Aaaaahhhhh!!!! Any similarity to the short general must purely be coincidental.
Datuk MBA ------- Missing Brain Anthropoid.

geo7E7
7th Jun 2004, 10:47
RM 420 million profit, the BEST in 20 years..... and how do they share it among the non-stop hard-working staff????
"er...lets pay our shareholders A GOOD dividend, after all, they deserve it....for the hard working staff, er....lets call it a SPECIAL PAYMENT...A MONTH salary with the normal deductions will do...that'll keep 'em quiet and by the way, send out the payment instruction AFTER some of the pilots have left the company for good!!!":mad:

speedtwoten
7th Jun 2004, 11:33
:) in this case are MAS still hire B737 driver? and how to apply pls inform:ok:

geo7E7
7th Jun 2004, 20:22
After all the things said in this topic, are you positively sure you want to work in this organisation? No harm in trying your luck there, I know, but I don't think they're hiring drivers for the 737s.... there's this long list of cadets and senior widebody FOs waiting to get their hands on the 73s. Normal channel for non MH sponsored students would be through the Otters and you'll have to climb up slowly from there.... sorry bro!

Blown Seal
8th Jun 2004, 03:14
Do you know how to apply for a position on the otter's? I have looked at their website and it is only setup for cadets. The company I was working for (flying an otter) has recently closed down and I am as such looking for (preferably) somewhere with a bit of stability.
Thanks in advance
BS

geo7E7
8th Jun 2004, 18:27
Malaysia Airlines,
Human Resource Dept,
South Support Building,
KLIA Int' Airport,
64000 Sepang,
Malaysia.

Or call - 603 85252740

Hope that'll be a help and PM me for more info.

The Rage
8th Jun 2004, 19:03
Heard a pilot went into the office to put in his resignation and instead got told they they weren't going to except it, and said they would call his future employer to be and tell them that he aint going to his release letter. How low can they go? Dont forget the big fat bonuses for the management for cutting cost, not training cadets and making the budgets look good, now that they are short of crew and pay crap, they prevent pilots from leaving.
I beleive the pm said this a few days ago" Pay peanuts and u get monkeys" well i guess we are no monkeys, thats why all the guys are leaving. Also heard 12 guys have been called up for interviews with emirate till next month.

geo7E7
8th Jun 2004, 20:42
The truth is, by MAY 2005 the number of BUSSES will be doubled than what it is currently. At the rate of people resigning there will be a huge vacuum soon! Looks like the management have just resorted to the bad ol' days method...what a despicable way to counter the problem which they've been facing for the last few years....signs of desperate measures are surfacing now! They fail to realize that most of us here would rather move forward instead of staying stagnant and watch all the good things in life just pass us by!!!
To those who're about to leave or THINKING about to leave, just be prepared for more idiotic remarks, excuses and some dirty tactics to make your departure a very unpleasant one!

"you pay them peanuts, you get monkeys...." That really explains why the organisation is like this......bwahahaha:*

Foreign Worker
8th Jun 2004, 22:56
Ever since the ringgit was pegged, MAS pilots have been cheap labor compared to all other pilots worldwide.

HR is a TOTAL waste of money - they don't "resource" anything except their own employment! If MAS wanted to seriously save money, they could start by culling the dead wood in that department.

For the pilots who remain with Mana ada Sistem, be assured that on the world scene, your standards rate highly, and you don't need to worry about any interview checks/sims. Be confident, and go for the BIG money that's offering outside.

The demand for pilots is now increasing, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future.
If MAS aren't willing to pay MARKET PRICE to keep you, there are employers who are - right now!

The ball is in your court - forget about the sabre rattling and the threats. To be honest, if half a dozen of you left today it would make NO difference - the remainder would pick up the extra work.
But like a snowball, it will have an impact down the line, when they realize that the only applicants they're receiving can't find a job anywhere else, or are demanding MUCH better conditions than they were giving you.

Selamat jalan!

Virtual Reality
9th Jun 2004, 00:40
Glad to hear all the troubles that MAS has to face now in terms of shortage of tech crew. SERVES MAS RIGHT !!!! Apart from people are leaving/left, why till now MAS still treating tha local LOCALS GA & Airforce pilots like pariah? Is it because of their butts are not white enough or green passport will make a better pilot? Other airlines e.g CX is having 75% ex-airforce, 20% from GA/other airlines and the remaining are its own cadets. Well, wake up guys, leave MAS now and let Pak Lah & his cronies fly the plane .........

Have Fun:cool:

geo7E7
9th Jun 2004, 05:23
VR, MAS treats ALL pilots like pariah....period.

fhchiang
11th Jun 2004, 02:34
hmm..

that means MAS

IS DYING FOR PILOT!!!

yeah....

i'm applying next year... hope i will get in.............

...hope that since they are dying for pilot.. they'll be more lenient on selection

Giant88
11th Jun 2004, 12:46
Been on leave for last 7 days. The last time I was driving, FO told me a batch of ex- Sabena crews was in KUL for interview on the MAS busses... But again, its a midnite rumours, over the Indian Oceon where CPDLC do its wonders...

Marcellus Wallace
11th Jun 2004, 13:21
Working with MAS has its plus and minuses. We always got to fly shiny new planes....some even got sent for factory courses round the world. Armed with all the experience and ratings that we have garnered - some of us seek greener pastures. We are indebted to MAS to some degree but we have also paid our dues. It has been great working there..all the friends along the way and all the good and bad times experienced.

No one should think they are indispensable. There will be others who will step up to take your place. It has always been the case. That's life. For those who remain - maybe something positive will come out of this exodus. For the younger ones, their numbers are moving up the list.

MAS has never had consistent policies and long term vision. This can possibly be a source of frustration for some. Remuneration can definitely be better. Excellence is something which is hard to strive for especially after a severe financial crisis - just thankful to be surviving. Maybe someday leaders with vision will helm the airline.

Guys - make me jealous for I'll never be able to use the "Malaysian" call sign ever!

MASsenger
12th Jun 2004, 07:03
Fair comment MW, although I`m not exactly sure if u are still sipping the Anchor beers. U imply the lack in excellence directly due to recent financial crisis. Having been an insider ( not at the present moment ), I totally disagree on this point of view. This is exactly the excuse give by the cronies, or, a more appropriate word would be, deadwood! These `experts’ have filled up all levels of management. The best brain in the company are consistently denied a future. As a result complacency to the highest degree had set in. This the reason for the company to be brought to the brink of bankruptcy & had to be rescued by the Government. Unfortunately, the penny has not dropped. The same scenario exist till today.

It is racism MJ, but not the type u are harping about. It is subtle & directed at the locals. Yup, strange it may seem! Only certain ethnic group of locals are given the rope up any larder. This is regardless to ability or any form of capability. All others are just staff numbers. I `ve seen a total outsider ( unrelated to aviation) become a Manager of a dept. where aviation skills were curtail. This is the practice the company is besieged with. So don`t expect excellence by any standard. The government ensures the wheels keep turning. That is the sad truth, cos the same scenario of yesteryear still exist, and will continue to do so!

To those who aspire to make something for themselves,I have only one word..................Leave!!!

:ok:

The Rage
12th Jun 2004, 17:20
Slavery, thats what its like, cadets in MAS are bonded for 15 years and even if they were to leave they have a bond to settle. But thats the funny thing, here a pilot is bonded for 15 years and at the same time they are required to pay of the amount spent on them, so why should MAS pay them a proper salary, as long as they are bonded they cant leave unless your father happens to be a million air an wouldnt mind paying of the bond. Modern day slavery! Type bonding is something unheard off, u pay 150% if u leave in the first 1 1/2 years and 100% for the other half. I wonder if this were to stand up in the court of law. Anyone know what happened to the pilots who left with a type bond, were they ever taken to court and if the bond still stands. I have been told that it dosent stand in court.
About time pilots went out to try their fortunes else where, all the best of luck guys, u have my support.:ok:

Heard 4 more guys put in their resignations this week. And management have push the panic button, saying they would call the other airlines to tell them to stop pinching our pilots. All i can say is, if the guys want to leave let them go, or raise the salary with immediate effect. but that would mean the bosses dont get their bonuses this year!:ugh:

Pilots are not happy here anymore, so let the othere airlines take them, why bother what MAS has to say to these airlines. Its the pilots choice not MAS's.:{

fhchiang
13th Jun 2004, 02:28
hahahahha

do u think other airlines would listen to their nonsense???

lol... if there's pilot.. they'll take them....

damn.. why cann't MAS think!!?

Iso
13th Jun 2004, 03:43
hehehehe....so familiar, this gripping, this vasilation over leaving, why can't YOU guys realize what a wunderful job you have got, NOT! Be thankful, and tell Datuk what a wonderful guy he is. The small general and his staff are just so thick with the concept of perpetuating the purity of the chosen, they will not realize that they are steering MAS into A major shortage. However many sons are coming to fill the slots. God Bless them.

For those of you contemplating a career (contract ) outside of MAS, be prepared to be treated the same as some of you treated other contractors from within. You really deserve the experience, believe me.

As for the pathetic insular MAPA, go rotate! You imbiciles are the most racist hateful individual short sighted self interested twits I have ever come across. If you spent as much time and engergy on the real issues (like gettng rid of that bonding scheme and improved pay), then you would be a true asset to all pilots. In the meantime keep an eye on the management positions you so desire and be just like the little general.

MASsenger
13th Jun 2004, 06:15
They come in all sizes my friend. It`s the short ones that are generally potent, ‘macham chili padi’. U really got to watch out for these suckers! This is my fourth joint, I`ve seen them all………short, tall, slim, fat……u name it, Ive seen it! There`s one thing common with all of em, they are firkin dick heads. The one u have right now, fits the bill right to the toe! The previous one was better, although he knew more about sand and stones than flying. At least he would have a beer with you. Anyway, I see the same scenario, looking back on my trail. I`m about to jump ship again, and it would not surprise me to hit the same sh_t at my new destination. What I`m trying to get at is, when they get to the top their heads fill up with sh_t, it`s the same b/s everywhere. I drift when it suits me, I couldn’t give a damn for the short or fat SOBs. Do what u got to do.:ok:

Virtual Reality
13th Jun 2004, 08:47
This is the only "POSITIVE" point about MAS that I can think of, its cabin crew (females only not the one in between lah ...) are really "HOT & JUICY" ............ yummmmmy .... Can't leave without ......

Trust me :cool:

hapimus
13th Jun 2004, 15:49
would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the mas pilots who have left and planning to leave hell.

the best part about mas is that mas found us and gave all of us a chance to become pilots. we are all greatful to mas for that but being in love only , does not keep a marriage alive and kicking.
the sex must be good both ways.

pilots never reach orgasm in mas.
being sex objects has made us tired .
we wanna break out of this chains and enjoy equal bed rights.
we wanna embrace sex in the cities.
we wanna reach orgasm and not feel bad about it.
we want more than missionary.

we wanna drive a ferrari.:cool:

geo7E7
13th Jun 2004, 22:55
Read my reply carefully, I'm no racist nor backwards as you might think. It was purely about protecting the local interests...in terms of ECONOMICS. We're no 3rd world country no more and that's WHY we need to RUN AND MAN OUR OWN airline! We do have qualified strength to man the airline but not properly remunerated... the main reason why most of us leaving! By the way the systems across the S'pore Straits are totally out of the question, scroll down on main topic and look under "SQ under political pressure" and tell me why and how the pilots get squeezed there.

P.S Emirates have "looked through" me and I'm there now!:E

Virtual Reality
14th Jun 2004, 05:02
7E7,

1. Agreed with you to some degree, probably the choice of word was wrong, you should write "anyone who has the right of abode in Malaysia" instead of LOCALS, I'm not sure where MJ is coming from but I haven't met any so-called expat flying for US or European airlines, even Canadians are not welcomed in US aviation world (I have lots of Canadian buddies). So what do you call that? Racist? Discrimination? Protection? Humiliation? ....etc ...... Go and have a look at some ads in Flight Intl mag and MJ should be able to see words like "Europeans only" or "Has the right of abode in EU only" etc ...... Typical colonial mentality ..................

2. Is Sam Black (SB) going to make money again by bringing Swiss pilots to MAS? What about those "LOCALS (read as anyone who has the right of abode in Malaysia)" in Air Asia, Transmile, Berjaya, GA and airforce who are crying to get a place in MAS but never get a chance or treated even worst than a pariah? Aren't they good enough? Is this the way MAS wants to keep 95% of locals in the flt deck by humiliating/victimising/mistreating non MAS cadets? Or do they have to go through SB agency in order to secure a job in MAS? .............

I am glad that I got in and .......... but pity them who are still trying:cool:

MASsenger
14th Jun 2004, 06:16
VR, I say again, man u hit the nail right on the head. Since u are in & if u are one of those MALAYS..ians, then u probably got it smooth sailing. From your thread, I guess u are not, your note seems too fair & just. I agree racism in the flying business almost the world over appears to strike KKK style. I can even live with that, but when it appears right down at ones door step by your own kind, man that blows me out! Nothing will change……….that is the policy of G.

SB is a smart cookie & has always been, ever since the single bar appeared on the shoulders. I`ve seen this fellow rise to his present stardom since then. Sure the non MAS locals are good, I`ve flown with many of em. That is not the point at all. SB being what he is, is making a fortune out of the systems own discriminative practice. Now here`s a man with vision, to line his own pocket. I tell u, u got to give it to this smooth skinny black SOB.

SSB – smooth skinny & black

The Rage
14th Jun 2004, 07:13
How dare management call the pilots short sighted, what about the millions spent on the i c my ass which till today still dosent work, who is taking who for a ride there.
Why should management rock the boat, i have 2 year to retirement!- shorty
Filter everything that goes to the board of directors, tell them we are ok with pilot numbers, in the meanwhile get them to fly 900, sorry boys, im no charity organisation.
Mas pilots who have left are not traitors as management has put them to be. As far as im concerned the guys in current management are just there brown nosing, if they had ever stood up for the right of things, i dont beleive the pilots would be this unhappy, then again they only have cohonas to talk like that to pilots and not to te general.

At the end of the day....SHOW ME THE MONEY....otherwise dont even bother to try holding the pilots back from leaving.

MASsenger
15th Jun 2004, 04:51
Now ya talkin Rage! Yup, money talks & b/s walks!!! Keep it up.

MAStake
15th Jun 2004, 23:40
To see how much confidence pilots have in the shorty just look back at the exco when he was the president and see how many have left for greener pastures. They worked with him for the pilots but he worked for himself.
Now that the exodus has started he is again showing his true colours.

Do you think the proximity of his brain to the ground has anything to do with his reptilian nature? Or is this his background in the air farce showing itself?

geo7E7
17th Jun 2004, 05:30
Thanks for ALL the feedback and support, may the force be with you and best regards! :ok:

p/s Any latest news on the EGM? Just need to know whether I missed anything....!

hapimus
23rd Jun 2004, 23:58
egm news....

mapa suggested 5% pay rise.....insulting us.
malaysian airmen pauper association.

refer to oxford dictionary=pauper.

A=One who is extremely poor.
B=One living on or eligible for public charity.

A refers to our association`s kahaunas .
B defines our future sosial standing.

new bmw x3 launch ....x3 umbrella...for all mapa members.
since we cant afford the x5 or xc 90 car.

thank god we got the computer loan scheme.
now i feel like a real airline pilot.

acegreaser
7th Jul 2004, 06:20
I spent 5 hours roaming the whole forum.I too wanna leave. But all the rant here is the same in the SQ, EK,QR forums. So where do we go.

Maybe if we set your sights purely on money, the decision would be easier. If MAS gave a 50% payrise, would the ranting stop.

Do a search on QR and EK. It's longer than what the MH forum has to say about their airline.

But as usual, it's the same guys doing the rant. Very few positives from the forummers.

Sigh.....

MAStake
7th Jul 2004, 07:12
That's because there's very little positive about working in MAS.

hapimus
7th Jul 2004, 08:29
loks like MR DATUK SGM
now knows how to ck email....AND BROWSE THE INTERNET.......

WELL DONE....

stringfella
7th Jul 2004, 09:12
wtf you all bitching about. you should be happy by just having a job. no one pointed a gun in your head to join mas. the company is indeed paying your bills right up to today.i for one will never shoot the hand that feeds me.

MAStake
7th Jul 2004, 10:45
I wouldn't shoot the hand, but will willingly shoot the toad. And the stool he's crouched on.

Iso
7th Jul 2004, 15:53
You must be the family pet dog, if you are happy to eat the bones off the toads table - good onto you - but get out of aviation. It's characters like you that can't see past you myopic nose and appreciate that the pilots have been sold out by toad and his type for ages, and his cronies. Not much better with others in past management either, as well. It is good to see pilots leaving by voting with their feet. Why? Because they can. Meanwhile, behnd the kedai kopi, dog eats bone. Get real. This is a profession, not a sweat shop.

willflyer
9th Jul 2004, 19:05
Sadly it looks like there won't be any shortage of starry-eyed youngsters dreaming of big jets, faraway exotic lands, bosomy stewardesses and loads of moolah, but sorry boys, 3 out of 4 still ain't good enough.

Just take a look at how many aspiring cadets there are in this forum ready to sign over their lives for a chance to fly...I know you must read this forum thinking we're all greedy little bastards but trust me unless you have a CLOSE relative/friend who's a pilot you won't know how demoralising it is to be one man struggling against a whole corporation.

Just imagine doing up to 5 t/o and landings A DAY on both long and short sectors KUL-BKI-TWU-BKI-KUL is one of the worst, you get up to 7 of these daily flights a month, flying upwards of 70 hours a MONTH, ALL your leave gets rejected THROUGHOUT the year, minimum off days a month and when you're approaching your limit you get forced leave, and on your off days Crewing calls you up, very apologetic, asks you nicely if you can do this one favour...repeat for the next 4-5 years it takes you to go up the fleet. And at the end of the month, after paying for your car, your house, your life insurance and your credit cards you have about just enough to have roti canai at the mamak.

This applies to BOTH captains and F/Os...except maybe the captain can have nasi bryani instead.

7sex7
12th Jul 2004, 16:22
willflyer,
being a tech kru is still better than being stuck in any typical office in KL n doin the routine 9 to 5 with extension n no max working hrs..n the jam that u have to go thru.

I wud rather do ur 5 sector than stuck in the jam for hrs just bcos the smarttag is so expensive!!At least u know,after ur flt....job is done-wallah,bed...here I come.

I guess flying is ur first job,thats y u coudnt see how worse is the condition outside ur cockpit.Ask ur buddies who has worked elsewhere b4 joining the AIRLINE,n see what they have got to say about the difference!

Happy flying dude...njoy it,loads of newbies behind ur closed dr...:O

Bob Hawke
13th Jul 2004, 11:49
Yep, suggestions I got, I got two. If you are in, then get out! If you haven't yet joined, then don't! Find anotrher company, It's truly a sad operation except for Georges's pigs at the animal farm feeding trough, but even the pigs are leaving the farm.

mooney59
13th Jul 2004, 13:40
In Cathay i met this guy, on the 744 he was as FO, I think named Zam something- really nice guy.
He is the only malay in CX what a lucky guy! maybe you guys can ty CX?

emilio69
15th Jul 2004, 07:53
with great interest i am reading this thread.and all i can say is...if you do have to rot somewhere..do it in style:ok:
it is the best time to get a job somewhere else my friends..esp in the gulf!Sure it may be damn hot at times,but life here is cool as a summer breeze..
So stop bitching,get your resume sent out and good luck gents!! ;)

willflyer
18th Jul 2004, 07:02
7sex7:

I understand your comments, but you have to understand too, that comparing being a pilot to a deskbound job is like comparing cows to chickens.

I chose this proffession so I have to work within the confines of this job. I don't have an outside degree, so this is all I can do, and I try to do it well but it is disheartening to know that you're not paid even half the going rate of other similar carriers.

You make your bed, you lie in it. If you took a white collar, deskbound job won't you still complain about management, backstabbers etc etc? And when someone comes in and says "Eh, please think of the garbage collectors and be thankful" what do you say to that?

MAStake
18th Jul 2004, 14:04
I say leave the garbage where it is on the 4th floor and depart for greener pastures.

fazak330
19th Jul 2004, 06:42
:mad: I'm sick and tired working under current management. I've just met one guy in the office and he said company reject our meal allowance proposal. Is it true?

If it is true WTF MAS want from us. Dato' if u ever read this I hope u are going to suffer for the rest of your life. If not in this world, in the judgement day I will ask for your responsibility on all this mess that you have done.

Guys, whoever is out there still working for MAS get your bag and start packing. Get the hell out from MAS.It is not worth it and it sucks!:yuk:

7sex7
19th Jul 2004, 18:55
willflyer,
I agree with you,totally....but if ur waiting for the pay to be good as the big players(bigger than MH)....than u can wait till the cows come home,nothg will get changed!Mh is known to make a very slow decision,hiding the problem under the carpets n assume everythg is fine.GOSH...i cant believe it we still have thiis kinda managers top levels.Thats the big problem with MH,the managers dont there becoz they r good...the got there cos they been in the company for long!

Just look at the dialogs...just waste of time,he's dumb n deaf as usual...

V just need a great leader with good PR n great motivating skills.Not some1 who just knows how to look good in his suit n ties.

Will anythg change?No I guess... so,wat ru waiting for??
:{

Shintaro9
20th Jul 2004, 12:58
7S7,

Any suggestions as to who this "great leader" should be? Some years back, there was some form of succession and some people were indentified. However almost all of those identified are now serving with other better paying airlines.

emilio69
23rd Jul 2004, 16:28
hello gents..did you check out etihad's shopping list at farnborough..not bad for a 8 month old 'shakey,charter' airline as described by some of the naysayers of mh..
:yuk:

well gents...what are you waiting for?! :cool:

PurpleAirway
25th Jul 2004, 11:10
strike-laa.. :eek:

ikan_terbang
27th Jul 2004, 10:07
Nothing changes much in MAS.....just the sleepy old airline relaxed and enjoyable to work. Unlike Ithad and China where crews get fined for not wearing CAP in public, in KOREA where FOQA data is used against the crew..uks ..uks..uks.
Might earn less but it is enjoyable untill the fun stops then Itahd or Qatar to mint the money then retire

SuperRanger
28th Jul 2004, 17:11
check out this thread...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138130

7sex7
30th Jul 2004, 19:58
guys,
A few days ago,toad was boasting in one of the "DIA-LOG" that pilots are ok n happy lot cos theres no incidence,accidents...he needed an incident to prove that pilots are unhappy!

Now u see wat happen 2 MRJ in ZRH....the picture speaks a thousand words,the driver proved TOAD was wrong indeed.

Will any head roll here?Hope its TOAD's....hi time for him to go...:{

alfajay
31st Jul 2004, 14:37
Really can't blame the guys for leaving the company for greener pastures.Generally it's a damn good company to work for.Great people some of them are.It's just that the top level guys are whacking all the money.:mad: Heard a rumour that they spent millions just to set up a system that was suppose to benefit pliots but it ended up doing them more harm than good.It practically meant that the guys were more burdened with their already demanding proffesion. Plus i also heard that the person behind the show is driving some fancy car...God knows where he got the money from..hint..hint.. Sad to say all complaints and dissatisfaction were turn to a deaf ear..as usual..very typical of them.. So to the guys who wanna join ...do you think its a good idea..:ok:

trims_0
3rd Aug 2004, 22:00
Guys,

Do not hold your breath. the top management will not give a "s__t" about the pilots. The "retention plan" comes with the pilots having to relinquish their first class.

DO NOT EVER, SELL OUT.

The sad part is, this is a slap to our face. This is how the company rewards the " loyal" employees.

The market place now is a war zone. The war to win the hearts and minds of the employees are now being played. Malaysia Airlines is nowhere near winning this war. Their castle is being ransacked and they couldn't care. Malaysia Airlines have no right to exist if this is the way they fight the war.

Do not hesitate, my friends. Leave in droves. why stick with a bunch of losers?

fazak330
6th Aug 2004, 09:50
It seems like all the loyalist being plaid out again. The :mad: toad is the real :mad: traitor.

I respect one of MAS copilot who has the guts to say this in the ODC recently" You are the real traitor and traitor to our country coz you leave the airforce".

The bloody toad can't even say anything and just take note the FO's name.

True enough after that the bold FO was taken off from his flight and given another flight which as you guys can guess; less meal allowance and hours.

He and all his 'kuncu-kuncu' will do what ever he can to retain his position.:mad: Even the so called scheme being mention is benefitting the toad and the gang only!

Oh dear! He think we still live in the 60's where people don't have that much of education and he can con us.

Come on wake up toad! We know what are you up to :*

MAStake
6th Aug 2004, 15:58
Does TREACHERY cause Hypertension?

Rule35
7th Aug 2004, 07:26
oh dear...punishment flights? thought he said he is there to take care of the pilots better when he jumped ship......
not sure if treachery causes hypertension but hypertention obviously causes memory loss....
or maybe its the fumes from brown nosing that does that...hmmmmmm

MAStake
7th Aug 2004, 17:44
What a shame. I thought 5'2" was his height ..... not his IQ.

jebat
8th Aug 2004, 07:23
Any advice for pilot wannabes like me that want to enter MAS cadet pilot program? Or should I consider AirAsia cadet pilot program?

trims_0
8th Aug 2004, 15:45
Dear Jebat,

Let me bring you up to speed; Air Asia looks after their pilots better than MAS. MAS however have wide body aircrafts that Air Asia does not. l do not have a crystal ball to gaze into the future, so l don't know what will happen to Air Asia, but I believe, they have very capable people looking after their turf whereas in MAS there are only asses eating the turf. So, the choice is yours. You can join a winner or you can join a loser depending on your preference.

Regards.

jebat
11th Aug 2004, 12:16
actually i prefer airasia but because MAS help to finance the fees for flight school, including food and lodging plus they give 300 allowance compared with airasia program that only covers the flight school fees but food and lodging is on our own makes me want to choose MAS.

could anyone lists pros and cons between MAS and Airasia or show me a link to previous thread that discuss about this so that i could make a wiser choice :)?

Rule35
13th Aug 2004, 03:51
Jebat,

Does Air Asia make you pay back your training cost? MAS does and i heard now its 1500per month and bond of 15 yrs so when you first start flying after deductions you get next to nothing and you are stuck in this s**t hole for the next 15 yrs!
Also i heard you will get paid more than a MAS FO at air asia so even if they deduct your salary for training you still end up earning more and you will start flying on a jet...no guaratees in mas...accom and food should be cheap and affordable for your training days.if not get a loan..it'll be well worth it..

jebat
13th Aug 2004, 12:40
AirAsia only becomes the guarantor for your loan with the bank as they will secure a job for you as a pilot with AirAsia. The bond is depend on how many years it takes for you to pay the debt with the bank. From I heard most probably 7 years.

I'm not sure fren, don't want to burden my family, so I prefer MAS but I really like Tony Fernandes, working under him would be fun :)

Well... just wait and see :)

7sex7
16th Aug 2004, 06:05
hey jebat,

any loan or sponsor is better than FAMA scholar.Just grab whichever comes first,and non of the airlines will be fighting to take u in.

sit down n thk wat u want,relax life-go MAS.U wanna perform,work hard n rewarded-go AIR ASIA.Loads of u guys are very concern of getting a plase,but once ur in can see the spirrrrrrrrrrit running out.

jebat
16th Aug 2004, 07:10
For airasia the loan only covers flight school fees, food and lodging is on me, my family can't afford that. Unlike MAS, it covers the fees as well for food and lodging but of course I have to pay them back and at the same time bonded for 15 years.

Don't know which one to choose.

robroy
16th Aug 2004, 09:25
Am I right, in thinking, that s.b. is still in Ops. ?

That guy, should never have been allowed into Ops.

Has he repaid the airline for the fuel he dumped when he departed for LHR, with no H2O.

Saw him fall off his chair at a bar, they have some bluddie good drinkers in Malaysia.

robroy
24th Nov 2004, 11:19
Come on guys,

What is s. up to.

Where is he, not still in Flt. Dept. I hope.

Has he fallen off any bar stools lately,

There were F/O's infinitely much better than him at Pilotage skills, in the mid to late 90's. Drank a lot less alcohol as well.

cheers

robroy

I love to Cum Kuat
26th Nov 2004, 09:49
last time I heard he was feeding a bird under a bridge some where down under.

Feel poorly for the lost young starters. Dont know where to begin the beguin even.

If I were doing it, I probably wud join MAS for the long term aspect of it. Get all my licenses (ATPL) and ratings and then clandestinely ciaoing off to other asian airlines. Dont worry about paying back. Just ciao man..

No hope for western airlines. Only Jalan Sehala man...

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
28th Nov 2004, 01:27
Robroy,

S. is involved with Asmara Air, someone should alert MAS as he is in conflict with his work contract.

This guy should never be let near pilots or an airline!!!!!!

A little bird mentioned Da' Todie is on shakey ground as there is a great demand for stable boys and bag carriers.

Watch this space he may be sent to the Ass farm soon.

goody
29th Nov 2004, 10:33
Sorry, but you cannot just go publishing peoples names without first getting their permission

BlueEagle - Moderator.

readtheplot
30th Nov 2004, 05:39
so for the risk managers what percentage is that of the pilot population in MAS? minimum effect. small hiccup only.

robroy
30th Nov 2004, 10:23
goody, claims that personal names have been mentioned, or was it you.

Only nicknames have been mentioned !!!.

If goody or you know, who the people are from nicknames, whats the problem?

Is goody the one the comments are about.

Will be contacting a few gentleman in MAS.

robroy

BlueEagle
30th Nov 2004, 21:28
Goody published a long list of actual names, maybe you missed it? They have been deleted as PPPRuNe requires written confirmation that a person has agreed to have there name published here provided it is not already in the public domain and I do mean public, not just to a few within an airline. Don't really see the point of your post ROBROY, care to explain?

robroy
1st Dec 2004, 09:53
I didn't see the list of actual names, that is why I asked the questions.

I agree with the pulling of the post by goody, real names cannot be used, however nicknames CAN!!!

Cheers

robroy
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

BANANASBANANAS
8th Dec 2004, 03:28
MAS will be advertising for expat DE commands soon if anyone is interested.

Some slots have already been offered.

goody
8th Dec 2004, 14:21
well it is a public domain...i will pm u and u try it out ...thanks.

robroy
13th Dec 2004, 13:23
I was most happy flying with the young guys, as my F/O's at M@S, a great Airline , then, and now , the only AIRLINE, I will fly with, Internationally, as a passenger and I TELL , all of our friends. Fly MAS.

Get rid of the toad,

Cheers

robroy

DoMePlease
13th Dec 2004, 18:20
Why don't you tell your friends to fly Singapore Airlines? They're much better.