PDA

View Full Version : Second Interview date?

darkstar5858
26th May 2004, 12:55
Has anyone who interview in NYC the last week of April received a firm 2nd interview date? They told me tentatively first week of August but nothing specific yet.

Thanks

Sqwak7700
28th May 2004, 19:32
Hello Dark star. I interviewed at the end of April in NY too, and they told me I was invited to HK on the 2nd week of August.

I haven't received any other info from CX either. I don't know if I should expect a package or if they will call me for more details. I've posted a few questions on here about that, but I don't think they have been answered.

As soon as I hear something I will post here.

:O

darkstar5858
28th May 2004, 22:34
Congrats! I'll let you know if I hear anything as well. Are you going to get some sim time before going to HK?

28th May 2004, 23:49
You will probably receive a letter and small info pack including your air tickets. I received mine around 3 weeks before my 2nd round interview. It included a general brief on the position aswell as the sim detail. The whole trip was a great experience. Have fun.

Sqwak7700
4th Jun 2004, 20:48
I don't think I will purchase 74 sim time. I've listened to all the advice on the boards, but I feel that only 1 or 2 hours aren't gonna make that much a difference. Only some sort of course with 5 or 10 hours, where you actually learn the plane seems to make more sense to me. Since I don't have a few thousand dollars at my disposal, I think I will have to do without whale time.

I am upgrading at the end of this month, and I plan to talk to the technicians at the academy and hopefully get a little stick time in a 707 / MD-11 / or 77 sim. Shouldn't be a problem if I show up late at night when they test the sims. I did fly the 707 sim when I was hired and I didn't have a problem with it.

I am planning on purchasing a 747 add-on to flight sim, and I will practice flying on that. I need to get used to the steam gauges again since I've been flying glass with tapes for the last 3500 hours.

:} :} :}

Yeager
5th Jun 2004, 06:54
Just for info, regarding the sim time 747-200. I used the FS2004 with an B747-200 (with what seemed to be quite realistic Flight Dynamics) and and -200 Instrument Panel. Pitch settings vs. configurations etc. seemed to be according to the profiles that you receive(d) (with the package) from Cathay for your final interview.

My previous experince was only on turboprop, like1300H on BE200 and BE1900 and some 1500H on Fokker 50 (semi EFIS) and Dash8-Q400 (EFIS).

If your are a bit used to having fun with FS2004, it is my belive that it will work out just fine with that solution. It worked for me - got a yes (great!):ok:

Best of luck
Yeager