PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle-Zante 13/6/04

dgutte
26th May 2004, 12:19
I am flying NCL - Zante on 13th June, originally with Excel at 14.20.

I have been told by the agent that the flight is now with Islandsflug (?) leaving at 6am, I assume because excel have shelved the flight.

However, this flight is not showing up on Newcastle Airport's planned charter route, although I notice that European Air Charter are operating a flight to Zante at 04.30 the same day AND excel are still selling tickets on this route for the 13th on their website.

Anyone have any idea what is going on and who I will be flying with?

Ta in advance.

Dave G

witchdoctor
27th May 2004, 10:58
Well it definitely won't be European. They effectively went bust in all but name recently and I doubt they will be operating any of the limited charter flights that they still have this far north. All flights are operated on behalf of Bath Travel as far as I know, and as Excel were largely blamed on here (rightly or wrongly who knows) for European's downfall, I can't see them operating charters for each other.

Best bet is Islandsflug. They've been operating that route for a while now. Even the ground handling agents don't often get the correct info until the day of the flight, so don't be too overly concerened that the airport doesn't have a definitive answer for you yet. Picture should be clearer on the actual week of travel.

dgutte
27th May 2004, 12:10
Many thanks Witchdoctor.

dgutte