PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training & Testing In South Africa...beware!!

swingdog
26th May 2004, 11:53
Have read quite a few horror stories about flying schools in South Africa.I would like to bring to your attention SkYVEST advertising in World Airnews May 2004. I got burned by this guy about ten years ago and lost alot of money by paying up front:* Anyone know who i am talking about??????.A snake will shed its skin but at the end of the day it is still the same snake!!!!!Beware you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!

The African Dude
26th May 2004, 12:16
Swingdog,

Mind if I ask what happened?

Andy

flying paddy
26th May 2004, 20:50
More info please. where is this guy.

Flying Paddy

Bomber1000
27th May 2004, 08:18
Swing dog.

Please in future post an explanation with this kind of statement. With one swoop you have just managed to tarnish all flying schools within SA. I personally learned to fly at 43 Air School, and have to say that its standards and professionalism were second to none. A Fantastic experience for any budding pilot!

Thanks.

Bomber

LUKESTER
27th May 2004, 08:32
yes i agree - you have done damage to the rep of flying schools in SA. I had a bad flight with BA the other day but I'm not going to generalise and say they are sh**!! BEWARE DO NOT FLY WITH THEM!!!!!

I have had good experiences with flying schools in SA and rate their instructors and facilities as some of the best in the world!

:ok:

scroggs
27th May 2004, 09:04
Swingdog this post is unhelpful and potentially misleading. Please explain your complaint in non-emotional language so that others may judge your comments for what they are worth. If you wish to help others make an informed decision about a flying school, you must give more information. I should warn you that any unfavourable information you give should be from your own experience, not hearsay from other people.

Scroggs

Stephen Stark
27th May 2004, 10:51
So, in one foul sweep, you manage to make all of us African Aviators look like complete fools! I do not think this the case, especially since we churn out world class pilots. Please be more specific, I saw the advertisment in the World Airnews, and this person is a well reputed DE, and in fact seems to be quite a nice guy. Would you like to share on that? But sorry you got burned in any regard...