PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Hire Malaysia

QNIM
26th May 2004, 09:57
Gday
I am to visit Malaysia soon and will be interested in hiring a light aircraft from Subang, is there an aero club based at this airport or close by?
Thanks Q

The Rage
26th May 2004, 15:49
No aero clubs in subang, but try The Royal Selangor Flying Club, its based right in the heart of the city at the old simpang airport, which is used by the military and the flying club.

Virtual Reality
26th May 2004, 17:42
Besides Royal Selangor Flying Club in Sempang (WMKF) Systematic Aviation Services is operating out of Subang (WMSA) with Cheetah, RV-6A and Chieftain are ready for hire. Not sure the rates and contact number but you may check it out from http://www.wingsoverasia.com/ as this site is managed by them.

Sultan Ismail
28th May 2004, 00:48
A bit more info on Royal Selangor Flying Club, the contact number is +60 3 2141 1957 and speak to Ms Zan.

Hire rates vary depending on your club status, i.e. Member, Affiliate or Visitor, the latter is quite expensive, as a member the rate is 265 Malaysian Ringgit per hour. Depending on your length of stay in malaysia it may be worthwhile taking out membership.

As The Rage stated the airport is right in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, in a 15 minute extended circuit you get to see the Petronas Twin Towers and the KL Tower real close up and personal :D

QNIM
28th May 2004, 21:58
Gday

Thanks for the info looking forward to my trip.

Thanks again Q