PDA

View Full Version : Japan Airlines - London based Flight Attendant wages

flightbunny
26th May 2004, 05:32
Hi All,

If any one out there can shed some light on how much european based flight attendants for japan airlines earn.

I would greatly appreciate any info...

Thanks heaps

747flyboy
28th May 2004, 20:52
In answer to your question, JAL pay consists of many components.
Basic pay per month- £595 (£535 during probation)
Unsocial hours- £132
LHR weighting- £128
Payments for working Sat/ Sun- each £30
Bank Holiday/ Xmas/ New year- £60
Flight pay:
LHR/ AMS/ CDG/ MXP/ FCO- JPN- £112
JPN- LHR/ FCO/ MXP- £112
JPN- AMS/ CDG- £131
Oh, and hotel expenses (or what we call "per diem".
Not bad eh, and good luck if you are applying.
I have been at JAL for nearly 7 years now and still enjoy it. The destinations may not be "WOW", but we have great crew flying for us and we do enjoy ourselves. See you at the truck!!

thomas_ba
28th May 2004, 22:19
So roughly per month what can a new entrant expect to come out with?

Jalite
31st May 2004, 06:18
747flyboy

I don't remember getting any extra dosh for working weekends! Is this a new thing since last Nov? As for Christmas - a bonus yes - (still don't know how they worked it out) but £60 for Christmas/NewYear etc, maybe that's new since I left too! Mind you, maybe that's to make up for the fact the flight pay hasn't changed for 6 years (maybe more!).

Don't forget, perdiums are worked out in the local currency and then converted to £ - they come in your pay packet so there's no hand out's down route. So you get the double wammy of having to change it back into local currency again! Fortunatelly the flexible friend is accepted in most stores except Japanese Supermarkets (unless that has changed since November too!)