View Full Version : EK Payrise

druckmefunk
26th May 2004, 03:37
Now that the speculation has finished and the facts are on the table, what do you all think about the pay increase.

Personally, I wasn't surprised at all.

dmf

Desert Nomad
26th May 2004, 04:11
Care to elaborate on that one?! Haven't seen one on this month's pay packet. Also, when is the rent allowance going up?

Saltaire
26th May 2004, 04:11
Better than nothing at all, but about equal to the allowance I just remembered in my pocket.

The change in the productivity pay ( overtime ) is the bigger issue........

druckmefunk
26th May 2004, 04:17
To elaborate, a 1.5% pay increase (in addition to the standard increment), and productivity pay based on block hours (instead of credit). So, as I long suspected, whilst we were hoping for a pay increase, management were looking for a pay cut. Guess who won that battle.

dmf

Desert Nomad
26th May 2004, 04:28
1.5% Ha, ha ha ha ha ha.

Not crew but assume that is to be the same across the org. That's really going to make a difference to everyone here isn't it!!

What's the estimated rate of inflation here? Certainly just a little bit higher than 1.5%. :mad:

The bonus is nice but it would be nice to have some permanent recognition for the hard work everyone puts in to making this organisation a success.

max AB
26th May 2004, 05:34
C'mon...its a couple of cartons of beer...or maybe a carton and a half

Aussie
26th May 2004, 06:20
DMF What does productivity pay is in block hours, not in credit mean?

Thanks

druckmefunk
26th May 2004, 06:23
Aussie

Can't be sure yet, as it has not been clarified, but i suspect it means that we will only get overtime for flying hours (block hours) not for time spent in simulators, positioning, office days, etc.

dmf

puff m'call
27th May 2004, 06:22
It's been said before and it will be said again, if you have a good job with a good salary DON'T, I say DON'T give it up to come out here unless you are out of work and you have no other choice.

It all sound and look great from the outside but once your'e in that's it, they don't give a stuff, as long as they have bums on seats they don't care.

Belive me !!!!!

PMC :(

Cerberus
28th May 2004, 07:16
Rats, just lost my pay rise!! Front page of Gulf News Business section tells me that the RPI has gone up by 2.9% last year and 3% this. They hope it might drop below 3 next year.

So, 3% for the last 2 years runs to 6% and the pay rises of 0% last year and 1.5% this mean we have actually lost 4.5%. Even with contractural increments, it is starting to look like I'll be paid less when I leave than when I joined.

Cerberus

Muttley Crew
28th May 2004, 12:00
RPI... is that what they call the CPI in the UAE?

2.9%, 3.0%... are these figures accurate? (Anecdotally speaking, I mean). I'd heard prices go up a lot faster than that for the man on the street (or the wife in the supermarket).

They official figures would be accurate wouldn't they?

Cerberus
28th May 2004, 16:34
Mutt,

CPI or RPI, the figures do not look good! Can't believe you are questioning the integrity of the figures! OK, so my Shreddies have gone up by 20% and even fuel has jumped 18%, it must mean that lots of other stuff has stayed the same or gone down!!

Cerberus

halas
28th May 2004, 17:56
And the increase in the UK (inclusive of tax) for Shreddies and gas is?

halas

SecurID
28th May 2004, 18:18
halas, we are not in the UK

desert_knight
29th May 2004, 13:08
12% for Engineers?

Good news for some people - IF true :D

druckmefunk
29th May 2004, 14:32
I have heard a RUMOUR that Virgin have offered some of their guys their jobs back at old seniority numbers, salaries etc.

Anyone got any hard info.

dmf