PDA

View Full Version : Need help converting JAA CPL to Kenyan CPL

bushpilot777
25th May 2004, 12:56
Does anyone here know how long it takes to convert a JAA CPL/IR to a Kenyan CPL/IR? Also what exactly is involved? (exams etc)

cheers

bluesafrica
25th May 2004, 16:18
Why do you like to convert perfectly good licence ?
Blues:}

bushpilot777
26th May 2004, 11:37
I was just wondering as i have just completed a JAA f/ATPL and need to build up some hours and since i live down there just figured it would be the best place to do it, just been a little out of touch with the aviation scene over in Kenya

captain69
26th May 2004, 23:11
How long is a piece of string, how many cheers in a bottle of Gin.
Be prepared to wait and wait and smile alot.

Spydee
27th May 2004, 09:39
Hi,

I have been following the posts on PPrune for quite a while now and finally decided to register, so this is my first post!

Previously holders of JAR licenses only needed to do an airlaw exam and then an IR flight test. However, I am informed that this requirement may have changed. I know that you now need to have a work permit before they will even allow you to sit for the exam assuming you are not Kenyan.

You may want to contact the Kenya School of Flying on tel +254-2-500374 and ask to speak to a gentleman called Elisha or better still call the KCAA on +254-2-824557 and speak to Gladys Murani the Chief licensing Officer.

Seeing that you hold a JAA license it should not take more than three months.

Goodluck!

bushpilot777
27th May 2004, 10:49
Thanx for the info spydee. I do have Kenyan citizenship so hopefully that will help a little.