PDA

View Full Version : FS 2004 Choppers

schk
25th May 2004, 12:30
Hi

Anyone know of a good chopper for FS 2004, that is realistic and looks good?

or if it's another flight simulator out there worth trying.

Tnx
schk

Marcel_MPH
25th May 2004, 12:36
Try www.avsim.com and you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Marcel_MPH

Cougar71
25th May 2004, 13:11
the best source for FS helicopters is:

www.hovercontrol.com (http://www.hovercontrol.com)

25th May 2004, 15:20
FS2004 R22 has very good panel and gauges, combine it with photoscenery from RC Simulations and you have a reasonable VFR navigation simulator. The problem is the R22 falls out of the sky when you lower the lever fully. Also when you raise the lever no torque is apparent. I am told this was done to make it flyable by all. Good precedure trainer though as you have all the controls available that you have in an R22

A better combination is X-plane version 7 and the photscenery for it (RC Simulations again). The X-plane R22 is as twitchy and realistic as you want. Limited functioning switches in X-plane R22.

leemind
25th May 2004, 15:38
I'd agree with Cron about X-Plane. A technically more accurate sim than MSFS I think. Didn't know about the photo-scenery though - must check that out.

25th May 2004, 16:19
Photoscenery: done from an a/c flying up and down UK at 2000' camera downwards so at 2000' in your sim it looks as good as your graphics system is at reproducing the photo. Photos done in the summer months, you can just about make out red cars on Motorways. Descend in your sim to < 2000 and it all get a bit blurred and eventually meaningless.

BHPS
25th May 2004, 18:48
Try the following link http://www.fsplanet.com/10022004.htm which shows links to Augusta 109s (a bit download of 38MB!!!) and also the Bristow Jigsaw AS332L2. Haven't tried either but they seem to have good write-ups. No doubt other helicopters are on this site if you search through it.

The Nr Fairy
25th May 2004, 20:09
I've had the pleasure of earning pin money standing behind people as they pay for the fun of flying a sim in a burger van.

That uses FS2004, standard scenery, plus modified controls, all mounted in a helicopter-type cabin with full dual controls, using the B206 model built in.

It's ok as an intro to helicopter flying, but I wouldn't bother doing emergencies in it as it's not suitable for that. And the R22 model is a shocker !