PDA

View Full Version : MSN Intrusion ? / Advice please

Krystal n chips
25th May 2004, 08:51
I have a query please concerning the latest MSN "customer orientated" :mad: initiative. Some background info. follows.
I use MSN Messenger to chat with one person and one only. This is something of a lifeline for the person concerned and I am more than happy to do so. About 6 weeks ago, MSN upgraded the service ( in theory ! ) and simply forced, by virtue of denying access!--me to upgrade.So, I duly complied. All was fine until about 10 days ago when I logged onto IE---and up pops MSN's homepage.!! At no point have I selected this and was amazed when it appeared.
Consequently, I have two questions please.
1. Has anybody else had the same experience at all ?

2. How can I prevent and / or remove this unwarranted intrusion from appearing every time I log on to IE ?.

As always, any info gratefully recieved.
Many Thanks,

K n C

flyingwysiwyg
25th May 2004, 09:55
Hi Krystal,

Are you using MSN Messenger 6.1 or something of that ilk.

If so, yes it is bl@@dy annoying.

Open Messenger

Go to TOOLS then OPTIONS and then click on the GENERAL tab.

There is an option "Display MSN Today when Messenger signs in"

Uncheck the box next to this line.

If your homepage has changed in IE then open IE and click on TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS and in the general tab the top box has your current homepage displayed in it. Set it to what you want and click on APPLY or OK

Hope this helps.

F - Wyg

Krystal n chips
27th May 2004, 14:16
F-wyg Many Thanks for the info. Worked a treat and my apologies for the delayed response. Now, if you can convince MSN what a bunch of moronic :mad: they are and how easy it is to alienate customers, you could be on a winner!--although I suspect you may have a very sore head in the process ! :D

K n C