PDA

View Full Version : FAA bizjet types in Europe

JJflyer
24th May 2004, 16:32
Does FSI in France have FAA examiners available? I was wonderig if I could add F50 type on my FAA when I do the JAA type ride. Dual qualified examiners do exist here in EU as well?

JJ

bluesafrica
24th May 2004, 19:45
I am sure that they have FAA examiner in staff. However, you need a "Security clearance" when training for FAA licence, even outside US.
Blues

mutt
24th May 2004, 20:45
bluesafrica,

Are you sure about that? we have the FAA visit us to issue typeratings, havent heard of any restrictions by the DOJ.

Mutt.

Daifly
24th May 2004, 21:11
mutt - yup, Security Clearance is required for all FAA Training Courses, regardless of location.

JJflyer
25th May 2004, 14:18
Yip. Have the security clearance stuff done long time ago. I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing training in US. Immigration, fingerprinting, photos, customs and all the other hassle. Much less drama involved in the process here in Europe.

JJ

727 exec
26th May 2004, 09:43
The venerable Monsieur Batty did my FAA 900 checkride at FSI Le Bourget a few years ago - after I'd been through all the US DOJ hoops.

JJflyer
5th Jun 2004, 07:27
Appreciate the help. Will be looking into doing some training around September there.

Thanks again

JJ