PDA

View Full Version : I should say "Oyyy PPRUNe Dispatcher,NOOO"

Gash Handlin
8th Jul 2001, 15:38
That's a bit harsh closing Mornington crescent when DIY Limeric has got twice as many posts and stays open :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Loki
8th Jul 2001, 16:08
I am sad, as the originator of the thread to see it go, but perhaps it had lost its freshness. I shall have to think up something else....

HugMonster
8th Jul 2001, 18:19
So I take it that the popular threads will be closed, whilst the oring ones that nobody wants to participate in will remain open???
:rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PPRuNe Dispatcher
8th Jul 2001, 18:30
When a thread gets very long, yes, then that's how it'll have to be until either

a) Infopop fix their software
b) Someone gives us enough $$$ for a mega-powerfull server.

We will be very selective as to which threads we close, and of course there is nothing to stop you starting a new one.

---PPRuNe Dispatcher

Loki
8th Jul 2001, 19:58
And now the Limerick thread has been shut down.Well, at least that`s fair.

Squiddley
9th Jul 2001, 07:32
At risk of changing the topic...is Harry Enfield still around? We had this conversation just yesterday and concluded he was "history". Hope not - looking forward to more videos and chuckles. But please HE, drop Nicey and Smash :D

Mycroft
10th Jul 2001, 19:42
Squiddley
Harry Enfield is still around, but is now on Sky (and has therefore disappeared up his own satellite); however he did ditch Smashey and Nicey a few years ago; however with all the repeats they will linger on forever