PDA

View Full Version : Reduced field of view in one Eye

hasky
23rd May 2004, 21:12
Due to a serious RTA 10 months ago I now have a reduced field of view in one eye, the other is fine in all respects. I have been told by the CAA doctor who does my 6 monthly medicals that I would not get a Class 1 medical if I were going for an initial issue; however, as I already have an ATPL the CAA are willing to take each case on its own merits. I would like to speak to any flight deck member who has a significant issue with one of his/her eyes and is currently flying; can anybody put me in touch with a colleague in this situation?

Loose rivets
25th May 2004, 00:30
I have flown with two pilots, one a check-captain, that only have one eye. I think that they both had experience prior to the loss of eye.

hasky
2nd Jun 2004, 18:28
Loose rivets,

Thanks for your posting. I would very much like to speak to these two colleagues of yours about their experiences with getting their medicals back. Would it be possible for you to get me their contact details and pass them to me via my email address which is - [email protected]; alternatively please pass this email address directly to them.

It goes without saying that I woould be very grateful.