PDA

View Full Version : RN Lynx crash in Antarctic - any news?

Spanish Waltzer
23rd May 2004, 20:12
Just wondering whether anyone has any info on the cause(s) of the recent Endurance lynx crash in the Antarctic? What with that, the Merlin crash and the Prestwick tip strike I imagine RNFSAIC are fairly busy at the moment.

VP959
23rd May 2004, 20:45
No real prob with A/C (except ? over rad alt), CFIT.................

maintranschip
26th May 2004, 01:43
Which Lynx crash?

cobaltfrog
26th May 2004, 18:16
RNFSAIC are still investgating the cause. But more importantly the Pilot is out of danger and back with his family where he belongs.

VP959
26th May 2004, 21:07
I read the accident report on this two or three weeks ago, so the investigation seems to be complete. From the description in the report the casevac alone was an impressive feat, particularly the speed with which they were lifted back to Endurance and thence onward via several different A/C before finally getting to hospital in Chile.

Bloody good show by all involved in the rescue.

FJJP
26th May 2004, 23:35
I haven't heard of this accident before this thread appeared. I would be grateful of a brief description of the circumstances so that I could get to know what everybody's talking about!

Ian Corrigible
26th May 2004, 23:42
Try the RN's news page: HMS Endurance Lynx helicopter crash (http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/content.php3?page=1&article=765).

Cheers,
I/C