PDA

View Full Version : im not worthy!

CURLS
23rd May 2004, 10:13
Sashathehungry, when and if you get through IOT and when you get your wings then you can have the right to throw some abuse my way. Until then just concentrate on getting through IOT, you never know who will be your flight commander and remember that there are WSO's as flight commanders, you never know who you'll end up with. It might even be me!!!!

SpotterFC, congratulations on passing probably the most boring course on the planet. Go back to your concrete bunker!!!

Divergent Phugoid!
23rd May 2004, 14:57
Ooooeeerrrrr!

Handbags at dawn!! I love a good cat fight as long as I can watch!

Fight fight fight!

:E :E :E

SpotterFC
23rd May 2004, 16:25
CURLS me old - if you can't take the banter (which by the way you seemed quite happy to dish out on the original thread (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130512&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) - why isn't this reply there for all to see?) you shouldn't have joined!:yuk:

Planning a punishment tour at IOT already - you must be good.

In any case, where exactly do you think you'll end up when the GR4 and F3 are gone - in the back of an E3 unless you get lucky and are offered an upgrade to the front seat.

Blue touch paper lit - stands well back...

[Edited after re-reading original 'banter']

Arbie
23rd May 2004, 19:32
Are there really WSOs as Flt Cdrs on IOT? That's pretty impressive, seeing as they only started getting brevets last year ;) Or is that just me being pedantic? Must stop that, or I'll be picking CURLS up on his (mis)use of apostrophes next!

DP Harvey
23rd May 2004, 20:55
All commissioned rear crew officers are now WSOs, regardless of the brevet they were initially awarded. Those awarded the original "N", "AE", "E" or "LM" brevets many years ago may continue to wear them, but they are now WSOs, all the same.

And all the NCA are now WSOps.

I also heard that they will soon stop commissioning into the WSO branch, which could make life interesting on some of our larger multi-crew jets.

Good ere innit....

Right Stuff
23rd May 2004, 21:19
Er, sorry, talking about being worthy, I don't think this rubbish is worthy of it's own thread.

Pontius Navigator
24th May 2004, 05:50
All WSOs? Odd, I know two Navs who are still listed as Navs in the AFL. I saw at Gp Capt at Sleaford Tech back in 02 spotting an odd looking single brevet with a crown. Would that be WSO?

Last time round the block he had been an AEO. Embarassed being white, gp capt and an AEO I guess.

Chris Kebab
24th May 2004, 19:43
What a strange thread.

Interestingly (well marginally, but then again maybe not), the first time I saw the new WSO brevet was on the staich at Cranwell. Then again (ex Nav) "Randy" Cunningham always was a bit of a keen dude. It did look, err, odd.

Not too sure he would be too keen to be called an (ex) AEO tho' Pontius.