PDA

View Full Version : Why new start date & post count?

Carrier
23rd May 2004, 09:20
I joined PPRuNe some years ago and have made a number of posts. I now see that my joining date has been changed to March 2003 and the count of my posts cut back to starting from then. Why have some Ppruners had their start dates and numbers of posts changed? Can Prune correct the info? Thanks.

Edit: You joined on 15th March 2003. Hardly some years ago, but then again surfing PPRuNe can seem a very long time! But I have given you some more posts.

PPP

BRL
23rd May 2004, 14:46
With all due respect, does it matter? Who really cares when you joined and how many posts they have, not me that's for sure and I know many others will agree.

Seriously though, if it is that much of a problem then a quick e-mail to the admins will sort you out. :)

spekesoftly
23rd May 2004, 19:39
Carrier,

If it's any consolation to you, other PPRuNers have occasionally posted that the same has happened to them in the past. Possibly a glitch, following essential PPRuNe server or software upgrades?

Globaliser
24th May 2004, 09:38
BRL: With all due respect, does it matter? In an ideal world, it wouldn't make any difference. Unfortunately, there are a number of PPRuNers who automatically assume that anyone who has a low post count and a recent join date is a journo, a plant, or some form of low-life scum, and not only decline to help but abuse you roundly for having the temerity to possess any curiosity or interest.

It happened to me when I posted my first-ever question after having been a lurker for many months. I rapidly learned that I ought to build up my post count in unobtrusive ways first, before asking anyone anything.

BRL
24th May 2004, 12:21
That is a point that I have considered. The people who slate others for having a low count are not worth the time or bother of anykind of reply. They do enough damage to themselves simply by posting that kind of rubbish. It is there in black and white for all to see. We, they included had to have a first post somwhere along the line........... :rolleyes:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th May 2004, 01:11
BRL,

I agree with Globaliser. One of the reasons I moved from Wannabes and PVT Flying Forums to this forum was due to all the garbage going on in there from the 1 post wonders. No one is who they say they are and I am sure you know all about this so I will not go into it.

Richard

Onan the Clumsy
25th May 2004, 16:02
I had 2000 posts nicked from my total...but I'd been a bad boy :E