PDA

View Full Version : easy to pull Munich/Zurich flights ?

Powerjet1
23rd May 2004, 05:34
Apparently easy are considering pulling their STN-MUC & LTN-ZRH flights. New flights to Dubrovnik possible.

Callum Johnstone
23rd May 2004, 08:05
Please tell me they aren't going to ditch MUC-STN until the winter timetable! :eek:

I guess MUC isn't very lo-co friendly?

This is one I'm due to use in August (MUC-STN-EDI), and that was only because I had to re-book after Duo bit the dust, and it was the only option coming in at a reasonable price for the date I wanted.

Don't fancy having to re-book my Munich flights a THIRD time!

Powerjet1
23rd May 2004, 08:26
Well, at the moment it is only a rumour, and easy seem to be taking bookings on both routes up to October so possibly it could take effect from the start of the winter timetable, if it happens at all. Certainly, with easy being in dispute with the authorities at Zurich due to high charges, and the dropping of the LGW-ZRH as a result, I would not be suprised to see the 3 x daily LTN-ZRH go & replaced with something else. As for STN-MUC, just have to wait and see.

Callum Johnstone
23rd May 2004, 08:34
Thanks for the reply, Powerjet. Fingers crossed that these routes will at least see out the summer ...

How are loads doing on these two routes? Is it just a question of Ray Webster not being happy with his cost base at Munich and Zurich?

Powerjet1
23rd May 2004, 08:41
That is probably what it comes down to.

WHBM
23rd May 2004, 09:00
Hasn't Stansted to Munich been pulled before ? Didn't Go start it, then stop it. I didn't notice when it got restarted.

There seem to be some airports (Edinburgh is another) who just don't seem to set their prices to suit low cost operators, whereas others do. I can't understand why Easy are always on at Edinburgh about pricing, and refusing to increase services there, while at Stansted and Gatwick, also owned by BAA and presumably subject to the same policy, it is not a problem.

Young Paul
23rd May 2004, 09:06
I thought Go pulled the route because Lufthansa sponsored a bmi A321 on the route with fares that undercut Go - until Go came off it .....?