PDA

View Full Version : Pay rise for Sky Marshalls

The Voice
22nd May 2004, 20:40
It is reported in this mornings very early news that the Sky Marshalls are about to receive a 45% payrise. This would bring the annual salary to about $75k. A couple of other benefits as well, but this is an effort to retain members .. it seems that there is a difficulty in maintaining the 110 staff.

so, I guess that will get passed on, and on and on and on .. and the fare paying pax will have to pay more, again.

proplever
23rd May 2004, 02:18
75K is more than a Jetstar FO earns, and almost as much as a regional Captain. Thats all I'm going to say.

ftrplt
23rd May 2004, 04:05
anything to do with Market Forces? Thats all Im going to say.

itchybum
23rd May 2004, 05:17
Maybe these guys had a think about all the months of training over all their years as soldiers and/or police officers and the 52K they were remunerated and then took a look at the CSDs and decided on a "career" change.

proplever
23rd May 2004, 08:28
Gotta wonder, ftrplt. Your continual justification of "market forces" being the reason for the IPG's actions, is akin to a muderer claiming that because he is a product of our society, it wasn't actually his fault.

At what stage do you start being responsible for your actions, and accountable to your fellow man?

lame
23rd May 2004, 09:01
As someone has already pointed out, it IS all to do with market forces.

The comparison with the salary of certain Pilots is irrevelant.

They are commited to having Air Marshalls, and are having trouble finding and keeping them, so they must offer more. ;)

While I guess they are also commited to having Pilots, there are plenty of them around willing to work for the current conditions, or even less. :rolleyes:

blueloo
24th May 2004, 23:06
If these guys are paid this amount then it probably is market forces dictating their wage, because it isnt their training, intelligence or common sense! If anyone has heard about the USA Sky marshalls leaving guns behind in the seat pockets only to be found next sector, lets just say the Australian guys arent to far behind in their list of similar achievements.