PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knights recognized by Home Office

Squawk 8888
10th Oct 2001, 08:08
Jedi Knights have gained official recognition as a religion in the UK Census 2001.

Full story (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/22113.html)

PPRuNe Dispatcher
10th Oct 2001, 13:22
Pat (Mrs. PPD) didn't want me to put down Jedi as my religion as she said it was a bit silly.

So I taught my African Grey parrot (Pepper) a new trick. Pepper stands on a finger on my left hand facing me. I raise my right hand, wave my fingers slightly and say :
"These aren't the droids you're looking for"
Pepper immediately falls over backwards and hangs from my finger upside-down. :D

QED.

---Mik

[ 10 October 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Dispatcher ]

HugMonster
10th Oct 2001, 14:17
The article doesn't say, and I haven't downloaded 18 pages of .pdf file to find out, but did they include "Pelagian Syncretist"?

B747wideboy
12th Oct 2001, 00:50
Next time around we could try to get the Sith recognised.

Then we can have Jihad.

sanjosebaz
12th Oct 2001, 01:09
HM:
Well, I must admit that I was sad enough to download the pdf... The answer to your Q is no! Afraid it is just code 700 (other religion)! ;)

ps. Don't forget national Jedi day (May the fourth be with you)

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: sanjosebaz ]

Rollingthunder
12th Oct 2001, 05:48
And quickly dismissed.

Which is an affront to all us knights. EU Human Rights court next...Obi?

Well, perhaps those Brits and Kiwis who converted to Jedi for the census should have heeded Hans Solo's advice to Luke Skywalker.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no
match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

edited for an s.

[ 12 October 2001: Message edited by: Rollingthunder ]

rebeccadblake
12th Oct 2001, 11:52
I reakon we should make our own religon.

1. Eat lots of pizza
2. Plenty of sex
3. Visit PPRuNe every other day
4. Kill the "watchers" religon that observe every shitty landing you make then writes down your reg no, or make them get a life one thats not spent at the end of the runway.

Anyone wanna sign up?? :)

The Groover
12th Oct 2001, 12:30
Oh well, May Da-vorce be with them.......always !!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar Fnaar

TG

--------------------------------------------

Thats the way its goin' down......baby

FlyingForFun
12th Oct 2001, 13:31
Beckxy,

PPRuNe every other day?

I thought if I don't manage twice a day it's a bad day :eek: :eek: :eek:

(No complaints with the rest of your religion, though - where do I sign up?)

FFF
------------

Paterbrat
12th Oct 2001, 17:29
I should bloody well hope so too, and not before time either. I sweated blood carrying that little sod Yoda aroung those flipping marshes. Not to mention hour and hours of practice with that f#$%@ng light sabre.Lost more than my arm too I'll tell you.
Mind you I thought it was a stroke of genius when I taped a spare onto the bottom of my issue one. The red and black make up was my friend Darth's idea he wouldn't let me have a black cloak like him though, said something about having to hide a permanant... OW! OW! OW! OK OK I won't tell.
Bloody hell, he lurks about everywhere. Yeah well, anyway I got these really neat spike things on my head and dead sharp eyes, you get them and Donal and Aichison, they look realy cool, can't see much with them in but they look good.
Yeah about time we got bleedin recognition, took bloody long enough let me tell you. Oh s*#t I can feel he's coming around again I shouldn't be talking to you I'm supposed to be hunting. See you around. Be a pal don't whatever you do, tell him I told you he sounded as though he's got his head down the bog, he'd bloody kill me.

[ 12 October 2001: Message edited by: Paterbrat ]