PDA

View Full Version : Sennica 3 Vs Piper Pa44 Seminole.

Topgun 4122T
22nd May 2004, 12:05
Hi guys,

This post is aimed at you guy's who unlike me already have twin time . Im shortly about to do my twin rating and have the option between the Sennica & seminole . What would you recommend and why ? Thanks and happy flying ! :D

Hufty
22nd May 2004, 12:12
I have flown them both (well Seneca 2) and prefer the Seneca. It is more powerful and feels more solid. The Seneca 2s and 3s are turbocharged and I think it gives you good experience of operating a more complicated aeroplane.

Ex Oggie
22nd May 2004, 13:25
To be honest, I would always go for the cheapest. Just make sure you have a thorough type conversion onto any other twins should you want to fly different models in the future.

ExO

Loony_Pilot
22nd May 2004, 18:17
They're both nice to fly, the Seneca does have a bigger feel to it and there are certainly more of them around which will make it easier to hire etc in the future, but ultimately go with whichever you take a fancy too. Or the cheapest!

nasib
22nd May 2004, 20:46
If you're intending to do an Instrument Rating in the near future, then you might consider which school you are going to use and what aircraft they use. It would probably be better if you do the Multi-Engine rating on the same aircraft as you might be using for the Instrument Rating.

Good luck

Nasib