PDA

View Full Version : What's true?

NOFUNAIR
22nd May 2004, 11:56
Hi everybody.
I’m bit confused hearing from one side that sky’s getting more crowded (ATC version) and from other side amount of traffic decreased for a last 3 of years? What’s true?

alexban
22nd May 2004, 16:55
Maybe they -ATC-just want to say how harder their work is becoming day by day ;) ,despite the new computers,tcas,etc.
I can tell you that on somedays you can feel very lonely over the skys of europe,not so much conversations on the RF.Not everywhere,and not everyday,but i think it's less than 3 years ago.But increasing,I guess.
Just an opinion,though.
Brgds Alex

411A
23rd May 2004, 06:30
About three years ago departed LIS enroute FRA (requesting FL430 in a Lockheed TriStar) and received....'cleared direct FRA, resume own navigation' from ATC, and this from 45nm north of LIS.
Superb service, to be sure.
Wonder if the same excellent level of service is available now?

Jerricho
23rd May 2004, 14:23
I don't have the exact nubers infront of me, but I remember reading somwhere regarding Low Cost Carriers such as EasyJet and Ryanair significantly increasing movements into the London TMA and healthy passenger number increases for the respective airports they operate out of.

av8boy
25th May 2004, 01:40
OK Alex... the ;) isn't getting you out of this one...

:)

You splitter
25th May 2004, 07:28
No factual figures to back this up so purely an opinion. I would imagine that overall airspace traffic may of dropped off but the busy TMA's such as London, Paris, Frankfurt etc etc. are actually receiving more and more traffic....