PDA

View Full Version : Psychomotor skills, aptitude tests...

limchristopher
22nd May 2004, 02:29
Hello people,

Anyone know about where to get the software for these tests? What about websites to go to ? Help needed..Thanks

Cheers!!!

High Wing Drifter
22nd May 2004, 07:56
GAPAN reckon that it is not possible to prepare for their tests to any significant effect. However, if someone says they are testing anticipation then you know to look at the dots at the top of the screen and not the middle where the cursor is. Valuable points are scored before in the few seconds it would have taken for you to realise what they were testing at that moment!

tonker
22nd May 2004, 09:20
A good friend of mine failed these sort of tests when the RAF were at Biggin Hill, "theirs no future for you in aviation young man, none at all"

These words always bring a smile to his face as he passes over the VOR at Biggin captaining his 747-400!!!!!!

nottelling
24th May 2004, 10:16
Gapan may say that practice makes no difference but I KNOW that it makes a difference. I sat Pilapt tests 8 days apart the first set I did VERY badly on the next time I sat them I got an average of 9 which is close to top marks, so Gapan are talking a load of crap.
But in answer to the origonal question I dont know of any software but if its Pilapts you are sitting its worth reading about them on www.pilapt.com/ (http://www.pilapt.com/)

Best of luck mate

NT:ok:

nameisnotimportant
27th May 2004, 16:16
hmm i've sat for the pilapt recently(for a cadet selection process) and am still waiting for the results.

nottelling, whats the minimum score required to pass this test?

for the trax, i got a 8/10 8/10 and 6/10

for the Deviation indicatior i got a 6/10, 8/10 and 8/10

for the concentration test i got 8 hits and 2 misses for both run.

for the other 2 test, hand and pattern recognition...i don't know my score.

hmm in your point of view...what is the chance for me to make the cut?

if getting an average of 9 is the norm than i guess there is not much hope for me anyway...sigh.

limchristopher
10th Jun 2004, 05:11
HI all,

IS there any free website which i can access to practive my hand & eye coordination and what about atitude tests?

Just anything FREE on the net...please help out...

Cheers,
Chris

Global Pilot
10th Jun 2004, 05:24
Not the reply you are looking for but can I suggest something equally as cheap! Juggling.........while it may sound totally strange....it actually works to improve hand/eye coordination. Really improves your scan. Did a recent aptitude test/Sim check and passed both followed by a job offer; I think juggling helped in some way. Also a good way to relax and it is good fun.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for Internet sites to assist but hope this other unconventional suggestion helps you out!

brgds,

GP.

JerryMaguire
14th Jun 2004, 17:04
Are there any other books aside from recommended
Pilotentest" Author: Roelcke/Schrader/Hesse
ISBN Nr.: 3821839244

This book is such a hard find plus it is not English????
:ugh:

I want to ace the interview and selection man! haha!