PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways A320 Pilot Recruitment

INDSIN
21st May 2004, 17:37
Does anybody have any information on the Pilot Recruitment at Tiger Airways? They are advertising for A320 Captains and First Officers with its first new hire class starting sometime in June.

However, I have heard through the grape wine that its Chief Pilot, Capt. Mike Watt, has advised others that they are already pretty far down on the short list but we have been unable to find anyone that has been interviewed.

Also, some of the phone numbers for Tiger Airways are answered as SIA Cabin Crew, etc.

Anyone with any informtaion on Tiger Airways Pilot Recruitment, please, advise... thank you in advance.

Cumulonimbus
21st May 2004, 20:04
INDSIN

Check your PM's. If you are interested, then reply

Regards

Cb

wv4175
22nd May 2004, 18:32
CB...
could u kindly send me the above info too.....
many thanks ..

Kaptin M
22nd May 2004, 19:34
From Tiger Airways website, comes the following [my highlighting]:-

Working for our Passengers

We know that for Tiger Airways to be successful we need to do two things better than our competition.

The first is to meet or exceed our Stakeholder's expectations of their relationship with Tiger Airways. Our stakeholders include our shareholders, staff, customers, contractors, suppliers, regulators.

The second is to be continually looking for value for money in all that we do so that we pass on the benefits to our passengers through low fares. We need to work smart to establish and maintain this as a competitive advantage.

If you decide to progress your interest in us, you'll be taking steps to join a company that is at the cutting edge of the future of short-haul flying in the Region.

Our strategy is simple. Be good enough every day to innovate our way ahead of the competition, and be good enough to stay there. Not everyone will want to do this. What about you?

Your Working Day

Flights will initially operate from Singapore's Changi International Airport Terminal 1. A dedicated low cost carrier terminal will be built.

Your working day will involve a morning shift or an afternoon shift. At this stage, we have no plans for night flying or night stops.

The flying pattern will be 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 days on 3 days off. This will involve around 5 hours flying time and will be either 2 or 4 sectors with short turnarounds.

Your aircraft will have refrigeration facilities for crewmembers to bring the food and drinks that they would like to have on board. If you wish, you may also purchase items from the aircraft shop. We have all experienced the waste that happens when crew food is supplied by the company. By eliminating this waste, we are able to pass the savings on to our customers. :rolleyes: [...that should save AT LEAST $5 per pilot....$10 divided by 160 pax = .0625 of a cent per passenger!]

The uniform will be simple, and there will be no jackets and no hats (think of the extra space in the flight bag!) :confused: [I thought hats were worn on HEADS]
To encourage crewmembers to take care of their uniform, crew will have a small deduction, over three months, from their salary as a contribution towards the cost of providing the uniform....I wonder if management are going to be asked to pay for their desks, chairs, stationery, etc? In fact, many of us would be happy to not have to wear a monkey suit at all - it's THE COMPANY who DEMANDS we do, so how about making uniforms an option? Also, if I am paying for it, then I will let the tailor know whether I wants cuffs or not, baggy, or ball-hugging tight pants, button down collars or not on my shirt, an extra pleat in the back....]

Two weeks leave a year can be bid for.
Leave beyond that will be assigned to manage FTLs.

Your Initial Contract

Before commencing employment, you will receive for your signature [huh???], your contract and specific terms and conditions. Your initial contract will be for three years, renewable by mutual agreement.

The remuneration under the contract will become available once pilots are the holders of a Singaporean Professional Flight Crew Licence, endorsed with an A320 family rating and an Instrument Rating. [so [b]NO SALARY during initial ground school and simulator training....best of luck surviving, chappies]

To keep administration costs to a minimum, our approach is that we simply provide you with a monthly salary and leave it to you to decide what expenses are appropriate to your circumstances. For example, you can choose what family medical insurance and retirement planning will suit you best. [...whether or not you pay TAX (about 22% flat)]

All pilots, Singaporean and Non-Singaporean alike, will be recruited and remunerated on the same basis:

All will be paid a fixed daily rate and a per sector rate.
As we firm up our crew operating patterns nearer to the launch date, the exact breakdown of remuneration will be known, but will be approximately:

For Captains
in the range
S$ 14 -16,000 per month [Yes, that's $14]

For First Officers
in the range
S$ 9 -11,000 per month [..and $9]

With such a simple contract, we intend to talk to you and your colleagues directly about all your welfare issues. :rolleyes: Of course, you remain free to join any professional body of your choice.

You may like to know that there will be no seniority system. Pilots will be assessed on their merit and access to other opportunities will come as a result. All training will be to competence, and this will be measured in ways beyond just "stick and rudder" skills. [eg. brown-nosing]Trainers will be drawn from our pilot community because of their teaching ability and their commitment to your success

Your Basic Qualifications:

Applicants should be Singaporean citizens, or who have PR status, who are the holders of a Singaporean ATPL endorsed for the A320 family.

However, applicants who do not meet these criterion but who are otherwise suitable will be given assistance with obtaining an Employment Pass and in meeting the costs of conversion of their flight crew licence.

Assistance will be available to help selected applicants meet the costs of type conversion

Your Experience:

MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR HOLDERS OF SINGAPOREAN PROFESSIONAL LICENSES

Captains

Eight Years experience in the capacity of a pilot
Holder of a Singaporean ATPL

4000 hours (P1, P1u/s, P2 hours only) on aircraft > 5700kgs
1000 hours in command on international airline aircraft >20,000 kg
500 hours command time on A320 aircraft

Note: Exceptional First Officers will be considered for direct entry upgrade training if they have:

4000 hours (P1, P1u/s, P2 hours only) on aircraft > 5700kgs
3000 hours in command on international airline aircraft >20,000 kg

First Officers

Holder of a Singaporean ATPL
1500 hours total time (or three years as F/O on international airline aircraft >20,000kg)
700 hours P1

CAAS REQUIREMENTS FOR PILOTS REQUIRING LICENSE / TYPE CONVERSION

Captains

Must be the holder of:
Current ICAO ATPL with at least three months remaining validity

Current Base Check and Instrument Rating (JAA LPC) with at least three months remaining validity
Current Class One Medical

If Type Rated:

5,000 hours total time
1,500 hours PIC of aircraft >20,000kgs on international scheduled routes with an established airline, or acceptable public transport operation.
500 hours PIC on type

If Not Type Rated:

5,000 hours total time
3,000 hours PIC of aircraft >20,000kgs, on international scheduled routes with an established airline, or acceptable public transport operation.

All experience must be certified by previous employers

First Officers

Must be the holder of
Current ICAO ATPL with at least three months remaining validity

Current Base Check and Instrument Rating (JAA LPC) with at least three months remaining validity
Current Class One Medical

1,500 hours total time
700 hours PIC,
or,
Have at least 3 years experience as a First Officer on aircraft >20,000kgs on international scheduled routes with an established airline, or other acceptable public transport operation.

All experience must be certified by previous employers.

Well you've been warned what to expect if you apply for this one.
IMO it will fit the Asian and East European psyche, better than it will those of Western democratic countries - unless you're into the S&M thing!

Soft Altitude
27th May 2004, 14:06
Why is it always necessary to point out that as soon as we speak about low remuneration, it is "only suitable for East Europeans"?
East Europeans like to make big money as much as you do Kaptin M, the fact is that there are fewer and fewer East Europeans willing to fly for low salaries. They are far better off back in Europe or the Middle East working for established airlines, decent earnings and sharpening their skills and knowledge in the busy and ever demanding European airspace.
Only guys out of jobs for years might show up, get a rating and fly away for bigger bucks. Cheers.

knackeredII
31st May 2004, 02:25
If you care to read the Kaptin's post carefully before jumping on your high horse Soft Altitude, you'll see that he makes no mention of salary when talking of East Europeans, but psyche, and unless you've worked in the regions mentioned, you'll probably know nothing of what he means.

This contract takes spin to a whole new level. We've gone from creative accounting to creative legalese.

rdr
31st May 2004, 07:15
I'm sure knackered11 means that he is looking foward to flying with his East European and Asian brother pilots to up his own psyche.

knackeredII
31st May 2004, 10:06
Under your rdr, rdr! Why don't you just pay attention to the message instead of trying to be so smart. If you have anything to add to the conversation then why embarass yourself?

Soft Altitude
31st May 2004, 13:09
Knackered II, since you seem to be pretty switched on the subject, would you please care to enlighten me, especially on the Eastern European psyche that you seem to understand so well, since we are obviously not talking working conditions and remuneration here !
And yes, I am working in the region and how about you ask yourself couple questions !
Rdr, yes, he might get some surprises in the process.
Cheers

knackeredII
31st May 2004, 14:38
I'm all ears , SA, since you're flying in Eastern Europe, as you say, please enlighten me on what I'm missing - since you fail to make mention of the fact that you've already jumped to conclusions with regard to the Kaptin's post, more like you're simply slagging off at other's posts, along with rdr who has even less to add.

I fail to see how your comments add anything to the conversation. The Kaptin made some very valid points about the state of contracts in Asia and you have no comment - I guess that's because you're in East Europe eh?

Actually, if, as I suspect, you're a 320 driver in Asia then that would put you in the employ of one of the companies which offer similar terms to that described above, which would explain your reluctance to criticize those same terms.

I am keen to hear of your own experiences with the employers in your area, be it Asia or East Europe and am standing ready to be enlightened. Seriously!

MASsenger
1st Jun 2004, 06:24
Any one needs private tuition on A320 / A340. Complete systems & performance. Pls contact me: [email protected]

Soft Altitude
1st Jun 2004, 06:55
Knackered II, you are getting p:mad:d off for no reason, which is probably again my mistake, since I failed to make it clear in my first reply. I agree 100% with the points mentioned by Kaptin, the thing that I deplore is the link made between very poor contracts indeed and whatever national psyche. For your info, I am leaving S-E Asia precisely because some airlines here have no limits in pilot humiliation, and overall efforts to devaluate the pilot’s profession. While this is beneficial to some brown noses and invertebrates, it is irritating for most of the others and bearing in mind that there will always be blokes who will accept such conditions (and believe me fewer and fewer eastern Europeans) and do the same job for less, there is unfortunately really not much the rest of the pilot population can do about it, may be just ignore the “offer”.
Luckily, not all the contracts are that bad in the region and I frankly wonder how can an airline come up with such an offer and expect to get the right people for the job especially with this oncoming pilot shortage, but that’s their problem. In the mean time, please put aside any national intolerance, it has nothing to do here, it has much more to do with one’s values and principles me thinks.

rdr
1st Jun 2004, 09:07
Spot on SA, me too left S E Asia last year for precisely the same reason. However it is also plain to see the up and coming challenges to aviation globally, especially to the profession.
To survive in one piece, you gotta be plum positive. There's little room for "the we do it better than you crap"
ciao

knackeredII
1st Jun 2004, 09:54
Seems we're arguing about nothing then! I think the point that the Kaptin was trying to make was basically that the employers in that part of the world get away with conditions of service like those of Tiger because the employees allow them to. That's what he meant by 'psyche'. It's something I always found intriguing but knowing and having worked with many people in Singapore, I personally think it comes from a sense of helplessness. Just look what the government has done to the Opposition. Unfortunately, it's a chicken and egg situation.

There is a certain arrogance demonstrated by companies publishing conditions of service like those of Tiger, fuelled by years of a ready supply of pilots, but I personally feel those days are coming to an end (high fuel prices notwithstanding) and the opportunity for motivated pilots to move on to better run companies is not far away.

Good luck.

Soft Altitude
1st Jun 2004, 12:32
Ok then, sorted ! The sand is definitely getting greener on the other side :ok:
"Cleared to DXB, Pee Mock one alpha departure, 02R, NO pdc FL 280, squawk 0330"
Keep up the good spirit
Cheers

flyingcrazy
16th Jul 2004, 17:06
ok, back to top :)

Anybody got invited or joined Tiger already?
I understand clearly of what Kaptin M explained, great post :ok:
But I would like to hear from those who got in....or nobody got in there yet???:oh:

FC

stable approach
17th Jul 2004, 01:55
As of last week, the grand total of pilots was a big zero! Strange when you consider the wonderful package - I personally think the idea of paying for your own uniform is a marvellous innovation, and the customers will sure appreciate the savings that can be passed on to them from that and from starving the pilots.
With the first aircraft arriving shortly, the airline had to resort to "borrowing" a couple of previously rated 320 drivers from SQ to get the show up and running.

17th Jul 2004, 11:34
Everyone pls try,

TIGER is a sure thing. even 200hr ATPL frozen can join...

Free training provided.. Job assured for 5 years due BOND.

The more the merrier. Just don't expect to get paid much.

Look on the bright side.. at least now someone is
closer to getting a SPG as sideshow.

FUBAR:ok:

discoinsert
19th Jul 2004, 05:08
Well I am searching for work. How do I go about applying with Tiger. I have not been able to find out how to contact them.

19th Jul 2004, 08:09
Heard, TIGER was involved in the recent
GSS ( great singapore sale ).

All the discounts given were, in the form of third-world wages.

Don't fret, "buy one get one free"

i.e: Get the job and a whole bag of worms for free.

Looks on the bright side: " you're here because
there is nowhere else to go"

:}

Belowclouds
19th Jul 2004, 12:16
Beg ypur pardon for being so stupid, I do not understand payment formula S$14000=US$14. What does that mean?

Edward555
20th Jul 2004, 04:47
I think that means 14000 to 16000 Singapore $$.

I am a 320 driver that was invited to Tiger, and as soon as I saw the employment details I burned the email in the digital trash!!!

If it is true they can't find anyone, they will surely adjust. You can't fly a fleet of 320's with freshly trained piston drivers! No offense. You gotta have some experience when it comes to Airbus or your gonna get in trouble.

flyingcrazy
20th Jul 2004, 07:06
hi Edward555,
what was the employment details look like?
is it similar of what Kaptin M explained?

FC:cool:

FairPayer
20th Jul 2004, 07:08
So who's really behind Tiger? Are management ex LCC in the US or Europe? What routes are they starting with and is their fleet of A320's new?

millerscourt
20th Jul 2004, 07:21
You lot out there who keep asking about Tiger Airways and how to contact them etc etc . It takes about 1 minute using a search engine to find this out.

Their website is www.tigerairways.com click on careers and all the details exactly as Kaptin M described are there for all to see.

If you incapable of finding this out how on earth do you expect to fly an Airbus 320 :confused:

Rockhound
20th Jul 2004, 15:53
Below Clouds,
I don't think Kaptin M meant that 14000 Singaporean dollars equated to 14 American dollars. At today's exchange rate, S$14000 is equivalent to US$8200. That salary probably sounds pretty good to you in Russia.
Cheers.
Rockhound

topman999
20th Jul 2004, 22:55
$8200 per month ? ...So $98400 per yr ? If this is the case, this is not bad at all and almost more than I am getting as a wide body captain further north in asia. How can people complain about this kind of pay in this day and age?...or have I got something wrong...:confused:

millerscourt
21st Jul 2004, 01:19
Topman

Re Salary quoted of S $14000 per month.

First of all I do not believe you will get anything like that as they do not show how they arrive at that figure.

Silk Air Basic for Captains is S$7000 per month plus say 800 hrs pa at s$56 per hour makes a monthly total of around S$11000 per month.

I cannot believe that Tiger are paying more than Silk Air:confused:

Also do not forget about tax say S$16600 pa plus accommodation say S$2000 per month depending on family requirements and if you have children of school age then you will certainly not be able to afford the International schools.

SQ are quoting a Salary of S$175000 pa for B777 Captains which is only S$14500 per month although they do have expat extras which do not apply to Tiger.

Just remember Tigers have a nasty bite !!

Fly3
21st Jul 2004, 02:52
Was in Singapore a few days ago and my buddy there advised that SIA don't pay their 777 and 345 captains SG$14000 per month. Around SG$10000 is more like their basic so he cannot see how Tiger are arriving at their figures.

Rockhound
21st Jul 2004, 15:27
Hmmm , interesting...and SG$14K/mo is at the bottom of Tiger's announced pay scale for captains. Some of you pilots consider Tiger's offer derisory and reject it out-of-hand. Others think it looks pretty good. Still others simply don't believe it. Guess we'll have to wait for someone to accept Tiger's shilling and see what he or she actually gets.
Rockhound

millerscourt
22nd Jul 2004, 06:37
I saw Tigers first A320 in Changi yesterday with a striped yellow and black tail.

They claim they will have 12 A/C by 2006 and that their business plan will make them dominant in the region and be profitable in their first year!!

I hear the Pilots are seconded from Silk Air. If Tiger are paying $14000/$16000 per month as they claim I guess every Pilot in Silk Air will be applying as it is far better deal than they are getting.:confused:

stable approach
22nd Jul 2004, 15:16
The pilots are seconded from SIA not Silkair. They are 777 captains who were previously Silkair A320 captains. Silkair pilots are already hitting the yearly max hours, so Silkair are definitely not in a position to loan pilots to anybody. The Tiger package actually falls well short of the current Silkair deal. I don't know how they come up with the $14-16000 figure, but when no breakdown is given, you would have to be suspicious. The figure I was given for the captain's base pay by one of the seconded pilots is so low that I can't believe it is correct.

Dibble&Grub
22nd Jul 2004, 22:25
Here is an interesting snippet from the Straight(jacket) Times. Use usual "between the lines" rules for what is being spun here...

JULY 23, 2004
Airlines scramble for pilots and planes
Shortage of both as more budget carriers enter the market; some companies have even resorted to poaching staff

By Karamjit Kaur

BUDGET airlines around the region, rushing to take to the skies this year, could run into some turbulence in their search for aircraft and pilots.

Both are in short supply.

More than 10 low-cost carriers have already taken off or will do so in Asia this year and the aircraft of choice for many has been the Airbus 320.

They are hard to come by, said the region's leading aircraft leasing company, Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise (Sale).

As a result, as one airline executive put it, 'budget carriers are going all around the world hunting for planes and when we find them, we worry that our competitors will be on to the same source too'.

The news is not any better when it comes to pilots.

The general rule is eight pilots per aircraft and where the airline's advertisements have failed to show results, carriers have resorted to poaching. Experienced crew from main line and rival budget carriers said they had even been wined and dined in discreet head-hunting sessions.

It is a sign of the times, said the managing director of the Sydney-based Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, Mr Peter Harbison.

'It is always an issue when we get bursts of very rapid growth, for supply to match demand and this applies to not just aircraft and pilots but also other resources like ground handling services.'

For planes, the problem could last a while, said a spokesman for Sale.

'In our core Airbus 320 market, we have reached the point where, industry-wide, there are no more new aircraft available this year and fewer than 15 due to come off lease from all lessors combined.'

He added: 'We will have only two new aircraft available for lease next year.'

The A320 family (A318, A319, A320 and A321) is the most popular Airbus model in the Asia Pacific, with 21 delivered in the first six months of this year, most of it going to airlines in China.

Both Valuair and Singapore Airlines-backed Tiger Airways, which starts flying next quarter, have opted for the single-aisle A320, which seats up to 180 passengers.

Valuair hopes to add two aircraft every year to its fleet while Tiger's plan is to have up to 12 planes by 2006.

Sources say Qantas' new start-up here, which also starts operating by year-end, has also picked the A320.

Other airlines that fly the same aircraft include SilkAir and India's Air Deccan.

Leasing a new single-aisle Airbus costs about $489,000 a month.

But with new planes in short supply, carriers might have to settle for older aircraft coming off lease, said Sale's spokesman. 'The supply and demand equation today has changed very significantly compared to a year ago.'

Tiger, however, contends that it has no problems getting its share, possibly because of its pedigree.

Chief executive Patrick Gan said: 'Who would you want to lease your aircraft to? The credentials of the lessee and who its shareholders are, are very important and they do not come any better than this (Tiger). I am getting calls from leasing companies.'

But as for finding pilots, he said there are fewer of them around relative to the number of new airlines coming up.

He made it clear, however, that Tiger did not poach.

According to its website, captains in Tiger are paid a flat salary of between $14,000 and $16,000.

Mr Gan would not say how many pilots the airline had hired so far but confirmed that 'a few' had been seconded from SIA temporarily.

Mr Jimmy Lau, executive director of Valuair, which has 16 pilots, said: 'We have enough who come to us willingly. We do not need to go around pinching from other airlines.'

One target for airlines looking to hire A320 pilots would be SilkAir.

It has 95 pilots and will hire more as it plans to increase its fleet from 10 planes now to 16 by 2008.

Even with the recently sealed deal that gives SilkAir pilots a higher salary and more rest days, some of them have left for budget carriers.

One who made the switch after eight years in SilkAir said: 'It is truly a different world, a more relaxed one.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEMAND OUTSTRIPPING SUPPLY...

'It is always an issue when we get bursts of very rapid growth, for supply to match demand and this applies to not just aircraft and pilots but also other resources like ground handling services.'
- Mr Peter Harbison, managing director of the Sydney-based Centre forAsia Pacific Aviation

...BUT SUPPLIERS STILL COME CALLING

'Who would you want to lease your aircraft to? The credentials of the lessee and who its shareholders are, are very important and they do not come any better than this (Tiger). I am getting calls from leasing companies.'
- Mr Patrick Gan, chief executive of Tiger Airways

Straights Times article 23 Jul 40 re Tiger / Pilots / Planes (http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/storyprintfriendly/0,1887,262925,00.html?)

Interesting when you combine local knowledge on their crewing problems..

DG

highcirrus
23rd Jul 2004, 07:12
From the Tiger web site:

“With such a simple contract, we intend to talk to you and your colleagues directly about all your welfare issues. Of course, you remain free to join any professional body of your choice.”

What this euphemistic blurb actually means is that as there will not be any Company recognition of collective representation for the “Tiger” pilot force, the individuals will be at the mercy of any unilaterally imposed change (reduction, that is!) in the remuneration package.

If any of you aspirant ingénues out there imagine that after signing a “contract” with the start-up, this could not happen to you in the time it takes for a tiger to fart, please take a look through the various SIA threads posted so far and in particular note that the former SIA Singapore Provident Fund (a cornerstone of the ex-pat “contract”) has recently disappeared into thin air with the cursory wording, in true Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" style, of the SIA Senior VP Human Resources, “I believe you should also be aware of the threats posed by the budget and other carriers competing on the Company’s routes and the first ever loss of S$312 million in the quarter April to June 2003 suffered by the Company” as both a justification for this peremptory and unilateral move and an epitaph for the Fund.

As it happens, Alpa-S is still pursuing the matter. How would “Tiger” pilots be able to handle a similar situation whilst being held to the letter of their part of the “contract” and obliged to serve out their bonded time at the Company’s leisure?

Dibble&Grub
23rd Jul 2004, 09:22
Thinking about what is happening in Asia at the moment brings to mind snatches of long ago heard songs with lines like :

.... follow the drinking gourd ...
.... soul to the company store .....
.... let my people go ....

et cetera

DG

Dani
23rd Jul 2004, 09:32
Funny enough, when you try to apply at Tiger Airways, it does not work. OK, I have minimal experience on A320 only, but T&C do not call for any. If you fill out a big html-form - for every date entry you have to click on the calendar cookie which takes you 10 seconds each!! - it says: "you do not fit our requirements". Application terminated, all data lost.
No wonder nobody applies...

mooney59
23rd Jul 2004, 10:19
My friend said exaclty the same thing,but no problems when accesing from sin.

Actually I still don't know how the LCC model is going to work.

CX is offering a $300 return ticket to Hong Kong-So ther big boys are in the game too?
Their 744 are sooo full I have to use crew seat for the last 4 flight back home!!

highcirrus
23rd Jul 2004, 10:45
mooney59

Yep. The deal is that Cathay is using the capacity control function of its computer reservation system (CRS) to effect yield management thus giving a competitive “run for the money” to all comers but still allowing it to flog high price fares on the same airplane. This function allows a variable number of seats to be offered on a particular flight at a given (low) price, thus allowing a match or undercut of an LCC’s competing fare on the sector. Result over time is to run the LCC off the route. Harsh but in line with the present day ethos of “market forces”.

Presumably SIA is not doing the same (it is perfectly capable of doing so) following government intervention to safeguard Valuair on SIN-HKG and which airline, presumably, everyone can now see as being part of the overall Singapore Inc. plan (otherwise it wouldn’t have received an operating license from LKY!).

Freehills
28th Jul 2004, 08:02
Yes, Cathay want to show the LCC and any putative backers that just importing the latest business model from abroad isn't as easy as it looks

Amusingly, a couple of weeks ago, Valuair put up their fares, signalling to Cathay they wanted an end to the bloodbath. Cathay has continued with the low fares, and came out with flight & hotel for 389SGD.

A320 vs B777-300 (with 25 tonnes of cargo on board) means it is easy for CX/SQ/TG to sell off 150 seats at below LCC fare, and still make money

ClimbGodammitClimb
28th Jul 2004, 13:03
Capt Mike Watt is no longer at Tiger Air after some boo boo there. His tenure there was less than 6 months. Trawl the rumour mills to find out what the boo boo was.

Dani
28th Jul 2004, 20:10
Has someone an e-mail address so I could send my CV as an attachment, rather than this not working application on the internet site?
Thanks a lot.

spleener
29th Jul 2004, 13:07
Think maybe Kapt M was correct. The website says $S14 [Fourteen] dollars to $S16,000 [Sixteen thousand] ; I guess middle ground is $S8,007, COULD BE MORE - COULD BE LESS...
But they wouldn't be so - would they?:ooh:

lokione
2nd Aug 2004, 22:04
I know 2 accepted in Tiger. One already on course. Some of the above is rubbish. If you are interested the biggest problem some may have is the Sing DCA and getting your licence converted. If you want more info PM me. I personally think this one will work.:cool:

Otto2
2nd Aug 2004, 23:26
If Silk pilots are maxed out on hours why wont Tigers or ValueAirs? That should make the pay liveable but if a SARS event occurs it will be tough to put food on the table. Gets some Aussies currently in the middle east flying closer to home.

highcirrus
3rd Aug 2004, 03:40
lokione

Could you give us all an idea of which parts of the above are rubbish?

Stripes
6th Aug 2004, 10:38
Facts guys from someone who was talking to Tiger in the past few days.

Capt base pay $8000/month $7000 sector/hr

F/O $5,300 and $4,700

All seems to be based on 100 hrs/month. If Silkair pilots are maxing out a is claimed why not Tiger's. So 15,000/mth seems realsitic.

Their website doesn't show this. It appears to have changed recently.

Nomansland
6th Aug 2004, 11:15
As I understand it, Tiger is asking for type rated A320 pilots to post a 25,000 sgd bond to have one's licence converted to the Singapore authority.

I am interested in people's thoughts on this issue, especially as the industry is taking a huge upswing, and there are two other low cost airlines, Valuair, and Jetstar Asia, that will be operating A320's before the end of the year in Singapore, with no such requirement.

I don't think there are too many A320 pilots out of work these days, so I pose the question, Is it worth paying 25000 sgd to work with Tiger Airways?

Sweptt
10th Aug 2004, 03:48
I applied to Tiger through their web and after submitting my application I got a message saying I don't meet their requirements. But I do mee their requirements ( 4000 TT, 2000 Twin Turbine)

Can anyone explain the reason please.

Soft Altitude
10th Aug 2004, 18:36
They might be having a software problem, try again and again.
Latest rumour I heard, they have 4 pilots and 2 planes ! May be not quite so in reality, but definitely not far from truth, me thinks. They must be short of drivers.
Cheers
SA

Dani
10th Aug 2004, 18:49
software problem, try again and again.

It's said so easy. Have *you* tried it? You need at least half an hour. This calendar box needs an eternity to be downloaded, and you can enter dates only by this tool. You can imagine that one has to enter zillions of dates in an application. The form does only accept data in the correct format.
It's been said in the beginning of the thread that this software problem is only occuring outside of Singapore. So if you really want that job, fly to Changi and run to an internet cafe. Or tell a good friend to log in there.

Cap Loko
11th Aug 2004, 07:25
Have received the complete package after filling out the online form; forms, draft contracts etc. Have sent them back by email but HR said forms are not printable this way whilst the given 'checklist' says you can mail the forms......Anyway.

For those who tried to fill out the online forms but didn't work: Have you tried on another computer? I filled in the form on my European laptop in Africa (phoneline connection), no problems at all.

cheers