PDA

View Full Version : MYTRAVEL maths test... Please help!!!

dollyonline
21st May 2004, 13:44
Hi everyone,

If anyone could shed any light on the maths test for mytravel, any things i should specifically revise?

Not very good at maths and am quite nervous...

Dolly

pollypocket36
21st May 2004, 16:29
Don't worry about it! I had an MYT interview (got offered the position) and its not that bad at all. The maths test is quite simple. Division, subtraction, multiplication and addition are the main stems of the test. Ensure you read the Q properly as its better to get half way through the paper with all the answers correct than finish it with only 4 correct. Take your time and don't rush. I know that is very easy for me to say, but honestly, its the best way.

If you want to practice I would just brush up on the above. Please don't stress its really not that bad.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Polly xx

myflybhx
21st May 2004, 16:48
Hi

It's been a while since I sat my maths test but the main thing as Polly said, is stay calm work accurately. If you stick to this you'll be fine, it's not hard just simple maths questions, but read the question first.

Good luck!

JustaFew
21st May 2004, 17:07
One of the cadets on our course through the College of ATC posed a formulaic question which I always remember, especially
with just such exams:

1/2 T A = R T F Q

Half the answer = reading the firkin' question

Good luck!!!

dollyonline
21st May 2004, 22:26
Big thank you xxx I'll try my best and brush up my division.. Thats my weakest point...

Dolly

Jinkster
21st May 2004, 23:12
dollyonline,

check your private messages,

jinkster :)

Cheesymac
22nd May 2004, 09:07
Hi Dolly,

I'd agree with everything said so far.
Keep an eye on the time though, coz if I remember you only get 7 mins to do the questions.
Just don't be fazed & you'll be fine. It worked ok for me:D

Cheers,
Cheesy.

mytfly
22nd May 2004, 17:08
The answers are on the paper! ie multiple choice. You do only get 7 minutes but like everyone has said..read the questions carefully+don't rush to finish.

Good luck!

Frankfurt_Cowboy
22nd May 2004, 17:44
Let's hope your maths is better than that of the gimps at Holiday House!!!

Bandit_70
22nd May 2004, 18:50
The test is very simple and you will be fine..Why stress about MYT they are in Dire straits at the moment(which is very sad) I would apply for another...

P.s get a calculator watch ;-)

TightSlot
22nd May 2004, 18:50
With some airlines, the number of questions exceeds that which could be answered by anybody in the time available. In other words, they are looking not just for maths ability, but maths ability under pressure.
If this is the case, it is usually better to answer as many questions as possible accurately, than to try and answer them all and make mistakes.
I'm aware that in telling you this, I may actually have increased the pressure, but so it goes! Good luck, either way. Flying is still the best way I've found to make a living, and you work with the nicest people (by and large).

sammyhostie
23rd May 2004, 07:49
Bandit,

Those kind of comments towards MYT are not helpful to those of us who work for them and are very happy.

Yes, theyve had their problems over the last 2 years, but what airline has not?
A restructringo f the company and selling off of assets puts us in a good position this year.

Why recruit if youre going down?

And to answer the actual post, the MYT test is quite hard, but again just concentrate on the quality, not quantity of your answers.

Dont let that sad case Bandit put you, off he either works for a LCC or is not even a hostie.
MYT are a great company to work for.

myflybhx
25th May 2004, 20:33
Well said sammy!

I too work for MYT and love it, like I said in my previous post the maths test just requires a little concentration.

Don't let those with negative comments put off working for MYT, as they get there information from hearsay and galley f.m. which is never very reliable!

Engineer
26th May 2004, 07:47
Surely CC should have a basic conception of maths If not don't employ them.